The Final Countdown; RAV against KAV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Firefighter, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Yup, you are right root!

Something like this happens all the time...Surfing web is unsafe these days.

Attached Files:

2. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Guest

At least 26MB ? It's using less than 5MB in my System.

3. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To Spaceboy from Firefighter!

My RAM is 512 MB and system winXP Home. Just now ravtray8.exe is 16 416 kb, ravmon 7 820 kb and, Oh sorry, I counted alg.exe 4 292 kb within, because I couldn't update the RAV before alg.exe was added to trusted applications in my Outpost!

Regards,
    Firefighter!

4. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Hi Root
    Do you have both DrWeb and AVP 3.5 running resident?

5. root

root Registered Member

Nope. DrWeb is running resident. I don't even have AVPs monitor installed. When I tried to install other AVs with DrWeb on my computer I was having major problems.
    Finally someone helped me and said only install another scanner and updater. That way DrWeb won't freak out.
    Finally got AVP scanner and updater installed after weeks of trying to get a backup for DrWeb installed. Something wierd about my system, because others don't have the same problem.

6. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i confess, i did not read every post in this thread. but think about this: while an av scanner (like my etrust ez av 6.125) cannot scan open files, it has a seperate real time scanner that is monitoring those open files, so nothing is missed.. :) i am confident the realtime scanner would have caught those files as they were opening.

7. tahoma

tahoma Guest

im using drweb these days, + drwebs spidermail mail protection. not sure if drweb is in the absulute top3, but its DAMN SMALL, incredibly fast, the only background scanner ive used that doesent slow down at all. kav slows down a lot, but is good, so i using that as my on demand scanner. dr web is also catching all those ie exploit and html viruses out there and all the viruses in my own personal collection, unlike nod32 (doesent catch trojans at all, i know its a pure virus scanner that doesent target trojans, but whats the point in using nod32 then?)

thats all iw anted to say really. drweb is FAST and pretty good

8. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Its an 'antiVIRUS' its there to catch Virus' which it does better than any other, results speak for themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.