The FCC Wants Phone Companies to Offer Robocall Blocking Tech for Free

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ronjor, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

AT&T CEO to Chair Robocalling Strike Force

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I got fed up waiting for this years ago. Its quite simple to install/employ a system that allows the phone to ring only on numbers designated by the user. In my case if I don't have your number saved the phone is ALWAYS silent. It is so nice to settle in for the evening and literally never get a sales call to interrupt my family time. The Gov allows far too many exceptions to the no call list. Political, charity, etc... ------ they still call because they get a pass. Hmmm, the politicians get a legal pass, does that surprise anyone?

In the USA it is election time and it would be interesting to know how many calls I won't get from Aug ---- > Nov. Who cares??

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The biggest problem is Caller ID spoofing. There should no way for anyone to do that in the first place.

I use a call blocker myself. No way around it these days. I wish them luck on stopping this huge nuisance.

5. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I fully understand how Caller ID spoofing works. I have never been a victim of it however, that I know of. Usually its a spoof of someone trying to look like police, or a recognized charity and mostly preying upon older folks that feel they "HAVE TO" answer the phone. My father-in-law acts like he would die if he had to let a phone go unanswered, even if he sees "unavailable" on his caller ID.

I can't envision a solicitor spoofing that they are one of my friends, so in my case even spoofing would be of no value to the calling organization. They can leave a message, but they never do of course.

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Pindrop Gathers Insight Into the Robocall Scourge

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.