The difference between secrecy and privacy as security concepts

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

The difference between secrecy and privacy as security concepts.

SteveTX stated in another thread the difference between privacy and anonymity - as I recall. I'll have to look that up to refresh my memory unless someone can reply to cover that aspect - and we can all bask in the glow of privacy, anonymity and secrecy, eh?

-- Tom ;)

2. nix

nix Registered Member

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

i give a small explanation here.

5. katio

katio Guest

..and while you are at it, please read the whole thread to get a sense of the context this was posted in ;)

6. nix

nix Registered Member

Thanks very much for those links. I hadn't seen what Kerr's been up to recently. Orin Kerr's theory of equilibrium adjustment is on par with his "technology neutrality" theory, below. Both are an effort to reassure jurists that the disastrous, untenable body of Fourth Amendment law they created has not been penned in vain, and they can just transfer the whole mess wholesale to internet technology, which he will happily oversimplify for them, in order to retrofit his analysis.

http://volokh.com/2010/04/28/the-in...technology-neutrality-a-response-to-horowitz/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.