The cloud function needs to be improved

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus/Smart Security Beta' started by Galaxykiss, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxykiss

Galaxykiss Registered Member

in my opinion, file or process should be uploaded to the cloud server. then the server give some feedback to user to let him/her decide whether keep it or delete it.
    but now the situation is, with cloud, eset can upload and get information, but the user can't delete or clean with the bad file or process with eset itself.

if I have a trojan file, and I find it out with the "cloud reputation of files...". the eset server should scan it and determine it as a Trojan immediately. but now I can't get any option with the function "cloud reputation of files...".

and i think eset can integrate "submit files for analyst.." and "cloud reputation of files..." together.

what do you think?

2. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Files with good reputation are whitelisted in the cloud.
    Files with unknown reputation are examined by malware analysts, then detection will be added in the next update (of course, if threats are found)

3. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

It is probably not safe for some users if ESET has to come out with an option for deleting and cleaning those bad files.

For instance:Last month,when I checked my proccesses with the "cloud",it showed my explorer.exe with red indication(Unknown process or possible malware)but how could it be a bad file?Moreover,explorer.exe is very important for our computer.If average users who don't know what is that,then they will delete it and this will causes their computers may work improperly.The risk is high indeed.

4. Galaxykiss

I know what you are worry about. I am partially agree with you. But what if it is really a bad file? Then eset should have given the user a guide how to wipe out those bad things and return to normal. A guide or a wizard should be show up. most people can't manually kill trojan and heal their pc. that's why we need ESET.

5. toxinon12345

as i stated before, detection/blocking methods are performed by using the local database,
    the cloud information is used for faster reaction

6. Galaxykiss

some new type antivirus softwares have combine these two feature and work very well. ESET may study those case.

7. toxinon12345

Maybe ESET could implement the cloud information in two separated options: enable cloud blacklisting and enable cloud whitelisting

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think we have great ideas how to take advantage of the cloud data and bring even better protection and performance to our users. The cloud repoutation technology is, of course, subject to improvement and will evolve in time. However, bringing new features and improvements to a product is something that cannot be accomplished overnight but we're working hard on it.

9. Galaxykiss

Your hard work is highly appreciated.:thumb:
    There are a lot av vendor building thier cloud feature. they can be good samples.

10. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

The last few weeks I notice that the 'cloud function' window only shows the programs but has a black space as where 'risk level' 'number of users' and 'time of discovery'. Just empty space where that information should be and where it was in the first beta version.
    KOR-

11. toxinon12345

indeed i hope ESET dont follow the way the other vendors are taking: they are not providing you offline detection methods for some threats

12. Galaxykiss

is there anyway to protect with cloud in an offline situation?

13. ashishsingh1508

ashishsingh1508 Registered Member

That will not be cloud then....Only way is that ESET should remember all rating of every executable files even if it goes offline

14. toxinon12345

Sorry, i mean no cloud queries dependant, detection methods for ALL malicious behaviours known by ESET must be guaranteed for offline users, like in previous versions by mean of virus signature database update

15. ashishsingh1508

ashishsingh1508 Registered Member

detection methods for ALL malicious behaviours known by ESET

This service is already available I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.