The Boot disk gives the error number 110

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Seashell, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seashell

Seashell Registered Member

And keeps doing this over and over. What does it mean and how do I correct it. It is True Image version 8.0 I have lost my boot drive and need to restore it. Please help. :doubt:

2. DS-MP

DS-MP Guest

Well disk Error 110 means
    Partition table number of sectors is inconsistent

need more info to give a better response

Did you change anything with the drive..?

Are you using any disk partitioning tools..?

fdisk /mbr

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Seashell,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As DS-MP has already said, please do the following (depending on the operating system you use):

- Boot the computer from Windows 95/98/ME Startup Disk and run "fdisk /mbr" command;

- Boot the computer from Windows 2000/XP Installation CD and run "fixmbr" command in Recovery Console.

If the problem still persists the please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem:

- Describe actions taken before the problem appeared step-by-step;

- Tell me if you have you created an image of your hard drive before your system crashed;

- If yes, then please let me know where do you store your image and what exact actions you are unable to perform.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Seashell

Seashell Registered Member

First let me thank you for your interest and reply. I booted with my install disk and ran repair console. I used the command "fixmbr" as you sugested. It didn't help. I am running Windows XP SP2 for an operating system. I have a good image of my C: drive from July 17 this year on my second hard drive. I Have no idea what caused my C: drive to malfunction. When I turned the computer on it wouldn't boot. After trying my True Image boot disk and having the problem I described "USB.C: Error getting string descriptor 0 (error=-110)" I reformated my C: drive and reloaded windows so I could get here and ask this question. BTW I re-loaded True Image and created another Boot CD just in case my CD had gone bad, but that was not the case as both the old and new boot CD give the same negative results. All of my drives and partitions are formated NTFS. I hope this is enough information but I will try and answer and futher questions.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Seashell,

Could you please clarify where exactly you get the error? Also please describe what steps you perform before you get the error?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

In your case the error may apply to one of your other drives. To try to fix drive D for example, you would want to boot from a Win98 disk and type fdisk /DMBR. Change the letter "D" as needed if you have other drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.