The best combination.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LukaszJ, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukaszJ

LukaszJ Registered Member

Could anyone please list some combo of software that provides the best protection against any threats like viruses, trojans etc (without any firewalls) in a freeware and normal version ?

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Why in the firewalls forum?

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

LukaszJ, since your post has nothing to do with firewalls I have moved it to the other antivirus software forum

bigc

4. LukaszJ

Sorry ^^ I dunno why I posted it there. Maybe a missclick.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

no problem ;)

bigc

6. DanL

DanL Registered Member

I use NOD32 and Trojan Hunter, works well for me.
    Since you can get a good firewall free, why not take advantage of the offer.
    Zone Alarm free is a great firewall.

Dan

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well I could tell you what I use but I would really be repeating myself and you could do a search of my posts and get that information...and your question was the best combo sorry can not help you there.

Let me give you this bit of advice, use both a trojan killer and a virus protection and firewall. This should be standard machine protection. Do not rely on AV for trojan protection alone. Spybot SD also a good addition. My 2 cents worth. ;)

Sorry, I just could not control myself I use BoClean as my trojan killer :oops: :D

8. petras

petras Registered Member

:eek: Hellow, imho best of all spyware removers is SpyHunter, but thats only my oppinion, used stuff like ad-aware and BPS remover, didnt work as good, for antivirus its your call, but norton works ok for me. :cool:

9. Ga1tar

Ga1tar Registered Member

It would be easier if you told us what security programs you already use, then we could help tighten up even more if applicable.

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are kidding, right? ;) :D

This is what works really well for me, very simple to use and maintain.

You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

11. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

spyhunter is on the rogue list of antispyware suite. so it is up to you what you do with it.

I use NOD32 together with ewido on access and giant, backuped by tds-3, TH, processguard, adaware, spybot.

nod32 together with a good antitrojan (tds, boclean or ewido) is allways a winner. if you wanna save money I guess Boclean/tds is the one to go for.

cheers

12. LukaszJ

Well so far i use ad-aware and ewido security suite and some online antivrius.

13. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

14. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I suggest this active protection:

Paid version:
    Process Guard FULL + Outpost Firewall Pro + NOD32 + ewido security suite plus + Microsoft AntiSpyware* + Ad Muncher

Free version:
    Process Guard FREE + Sygate Personal Firewall + avast! Home Edition + Microsoft AntiSpyware*

Anothers that you must have (all free):
    - WinPatrol FREE or PLUS (until the final version of Microsoft AntiSpyware isn't finished)
    - ewido security suite (only in the free version)
    - Spybot - Search & Destroy
    - Ad-Aware SE Personal
    - SpywareGuard
    - Host Manager
    - IE-SPYAD
    - HijackThis

* When the final version will be ready...

15. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

That is something you need to find for yourself. There are Sooo many combinations its pathetic :p

16. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

My configuration is NOD32 + BOclean, with ewido and TDS3 as backup on-demand scanners, for regular scans and for when I have a suspicious file that NOD32 doesn't pick up (admittedly quite rare), and I am too cautious to experiment with BOclean's capability of detecting it.

17. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

Just a question here. What kind $$$ are you dropping a year for your security? :eek: Better yet, Where are you going that would warrant that kind of security? Im just curious. o_O Seems like a over kill to me. Who knows? Maybe I'm wrong.

18. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Well, I have a lifetime subscription to my Outpost firewall, a lifetime (at least until 4.0 comes out) subscription for ewido since I bought it before they introduced a pay-per-year system, TDS3 has free updates at least until they change their policy, and BOclean has free updates for life as well. So NOD32 is the only thing I need to resubscribe to :)

I aquired all of these programs legitimately over time and hey, I've got money to burn and security is a hobby of mine ;)

Oh yeah, and my arsenal is nothing compared to some of the more senior members in this community *puppy*

19. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

I'd probally do the same if I had the extra cash. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.