The best antivirus!!!!???

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dah145, Jul 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

I have 512 mb ram, and after installing KIS 6 the pc is running ok, I have tested NOD32 and personally don´t I dont feel any difference:) :) :) I also use ad aware pro and spywareblaster.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id add bitdefender to ur list too, AshG.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

do u use max settings tho?

still consider yourself even luckier. KAV hates my computers :thumbd: :ouch: :(

4. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

Using KAV at max settings is not necessary, reccomend should be more than enough, that was a personal opinion.:D

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Actually no one needs to use max settings and most would find 6.0 very low in resource usage (even with max), you're just not one of them, just like some find Nod have an impact on their hard/software setup, but most wouldn't.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Gee, I have KAV on custom security level. It scans EVERYTHING. I don't "get" the level that Kaspersky recommends (bad IMO) nor do I even think High is enough. Any AV should scan everything period. I even have it set to scan password protected files. I don't see the point in having an AV and not having it scan everything. I never run a full on demand scan because this way I don't need to do that. I don't notice any slowdown. I don't have web AV installed though. That is what breaks your computer and is not ever needed. (I also don't use the mail scanner because my ISP scans all incoming and outgoing mail, I read all mail in plain text and download attachments to disk and then scan them before opening).

7. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

My vote is to include prevx in any testing.

8. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

Aplication Integrity Control is OFF. Other settings are "high" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.