Thank you Paul Wilders ...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Acadia, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

... for hosting a support forum for this great company and great program.

Acadia

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Re: Thank you Paul Wilder ...

Same here thanks Thanks Mike & Paul really good addition to the forum :thumb:

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Yep, great. Finally Firstdefence has its own forum :)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I whole heartily agree. Thanks to the folks at Wilders for this great addition.

Pete

5. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

Kudos (which is not the same as a Kudu) to Wilders for adding this forum.

Now, if someone will just figure out a way to make error-free FD-ISR snapshots without having to disable ProcessGuard and a way to exclude snapshots from NOD32 scans.

6. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Agreed, but this would be NOD's problem, not FirstDefense's. :doubt:

Acadia

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Can't help you on the NOD issue. But I would always diable PG and actually disabling NOD's file scanner should let FDISR run faster.

BTW. I always would occasionallly get an error or two generating an archive even with PG disabled. A 2nd pass would clear that up, but removing PG in it's entirety stopped the problem.

Pete

8. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

I would like to add my thanks. I feel this is a great program and I love to be able to learn more about it and share what little knowledge I have. Wilders forum is without a doubt a great place to hang out.

9. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Re: How are you primarily using FirstDefense-ISR?

I would like to give Leapfrog a belated welcome to the Wilders forum. I just realized that you were here. I own FD-ISR, which I just discovered uses Leapfrog Software's Immediate System Recovery engine. In my opinion, you did a hell of a job. Also, Peter2150 should earn commission because he is one of your best salesmen. He opened my eyes to Raxco's FD-ISR and it has become my best software purchase to date. I would qualify as a tough customer to please and pride myself on being a blunt critic. However, I am also quick to point out when things go well. Anyone reading this for the purposes of deciding whether to make a purchase, stop hesitating and buy the darn thing. You won't regret it!!! Don't get me wrong. Good products are only a fraction of the package. I don't care how good the software is, if you don't get support that is at least as good, you are wasting your money. I had a problem installing FD-ISR (disclaimer: it was not the software's fault, there was a problem with my system) and I had the chance to test Raxco's support. Jason Claiborne is one of their support geniuses. He is incredibly good at what he does. One last compliment and I'll get off of my soap box. This software, the developers at Leapfrog, and the support provided by Raxco is top notch and has set the bar at a level other software companies should aspire to attain. Thank you.

10. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Although somewhat off-topic, let me chime in to agree with dallen that Raxco's support of all their offerings is superb at both the presale and postsale stage. I've used the support group for both PD and FD-ISR, and it is superb. Multiple answers and follow-up within a day, and occasionally a confirming follow-up to verify that all is well. Highly recommended for both the products offered and support provided.

For those contemplating taking FD-ISR for a spin to see what it can be used for, do it with confidence that first class support is available if needed.

Blue

11. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Also, just wanted to add another slightly off-topic comment. I forgot to mention that Perfect Disk is awesome to.

12. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Dallen, you're not a half bad salesmen yourself! :D

Acadia

13. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Arcadia,
    Thank you...I've been hangin' out with my friend Peter2150 and I think he's teaching me a few things. He's been workin' on converting me from NAV to KAV.

I forgot to mention that Mr. Paul Wilders did well in associating this fine forum with such a great software. Thank you Mr. Wilders.

14. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings All,

Time for me to chime in and give a warm thanks for all the kind remarks and support. I am really happy to see folks enjoying our technology and the value they are getting from our partners for support. Again, 10,000 thanks to all of you; this really did make my day, and my Engineering team that I shared this thread with.

15. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I go away from here for a while, and look what I find when I come back - a FD forum! Way to go, and thank you to those responsible at Wilders. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.