TH/GAV Deal Off

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Douglas, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

Gotta disagree, Blazer...

We got RTM--which sucked. The rest of the stuff was provided Michael got it ironed out and the software went live--which never happened.

Which we got for the "life of the product"--which is now as dead as Russell Crowe in the movie itself. :D
    I feel like I got what was promised. My opinion only. I wasn't mislead by the site. Support was ok.

1. I donated.
    2. I knew what I was doing when I did it.
    3. The software croaked.
    4. I'm a big boy. Life goes on.

No offense to anyone, but it was freeware, barely in beta, and no one held a gun to anyone's head to donate--unless maybe we haven't heard from them because they're gagged and thrown under Michael's desk somewhere. :D :D :D

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dbelccchhhhhh must be damage control lol

wasnt freeware as you had to pay for gav don file which that verstion was called gav 4 pro

last build never saw the light of day but was completed.

yes you are a big boy lol ;)

oh well im sure we havnt heard the last of this

one way or another it will be settled

3. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

I wanted to stay pretty much quiet here, but (in my opinion) this has nothing to do with the issue of a promise being made to contributors and not happening. The contributors didn't ask and Michael didn't say that he'd see what he could do. He stated that contributors would receive a TrojanHunter License. He said that he would see if his new company of employment would provide discounted software to the contributors. This (to me) has nothing to do with the definition of donation/gift/whatever unless you are the former President of the US with the name of Bill Clinton.

4. Mr.Blaze

;)im sure it all will get settled glad some gav members still come here to post its nice to see them here algain maybe they pull up a chair and drink some beer lol :cool:

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

He said that he would see if his new company of employment would provide discounted software to the contributors.

Hi Pretender,
    Think he also stated that it could or would be discounted 50%.

So if you took him up on this offer today, what do you figure you would be paying for that offer??

Here are some links that might help you with the answer.

AntiVir®
    The private and individual use of the AntiVir Personal
    Edition is completely free of charge!

http://www.free-av.com/index.htm

The Company

http://www.hbedv.com/

Products

http://www.hbedv.com/download/download.htm#Handbücher und techn. Dokumentation

Price List
    http://www.hbedv.com/infos/prices.htm

6. notageek

notageek Registered Member

I think the main point here isn't about people whining about getting something for donating to michael. I think it's about how he promised something and they get nothing.

7. CalamityJane

CalamityJane Registered Member

Yeah! That was me. :D I am happy to announce that I have escaped. Now if someone could please find the darned key to these handcuffs it would be much easier to type.

8. Mr.Blaze

:D There calamity jane where lary and snapy and old man lol

hmmmmm so it be like 50 bucks or more for 50% offf lol most expensive software i seen for protection euro same as usa money or a little more lol

9. Primrose

:D

Looks to me it would be free..which one were you going to buy on that deal??

10. Primrose

The private and individual use of the AntiVir Personal Edition is completely free of charge!
    Even though viruses have now grown very numerous, one thing hasn't changed: our commitment to provide you with all-round protection. The reliability of AntiVir is demonstrated in numerous comparison test and references featured in independent trade journals.

The AntiVir Personal Edition offers the effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. In order to make possible an easy operation, the AntiVir Personal Edition is developed to the essential points.

You'll be amazed how thoroughly AntiVir protects:

detects and removes more than 70,000 viruses
    always among the winners of comparison test featured in computer journals
    the resident Virus Guard serves to monitor file movements automatically,
    e.g. downloading of data from the internet
    scanning and repair of macro viruses
    Protection against previously unknown macro viruses
    easy operation
    Internet-Update Wizard for easy updating
    Protection against previously unknown boot record viruses and master boot record viruses
    Quality "Made in Germany"
    support is free of charge via AntiVir Bulletin Board

11. Mr.Blaze

i duno are you sure im looking at price list all i see is big numbers except the personal edition that one looks free

the other oneslooky expensive but then algain never been to website with euro

12. Mr.Blaze

will which one is michale working on thats the one i would want simply because i know his skills if i knew which one he working on that the one i would want lol

id even dish out cash for it as long as it wouldnt break me lol

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So what is 50% discount on a product which is already free?
    No really, just wait and see.
    For legal things: as said above if product B includes if possible the goodies of product A and the developer of A does it himself in full cooperation with the owner of B, is there any problem for the users if it is still distributed with the same conditions, free in this case?

For the GAV<>TH sake Michael offered a product which is not exactly his, as explained here in many messages well enough.

At least wish Michael good luck in his new real job, which is not easy to get these days, and let's wait further developments.
    Sitting all on his back doesn't speed up next steps. If there would be legal issues, which i doubt strongly but i'm no lawyer, people will find decent ways to get to some solution or the other for sure.

Notageek, wished so hard you would be one of the 66 winners recently! But with the betatesting of each product you were 30 days a time closer to what the world is waiting for!.
    You do know there is no reason to not getting what there is now in the wait for version 4 as you'll have a free upgrade to that anyway if registered now. And this is no broken promise, we do know it's true there, we're just waiting patiently and expecting something really great!

14. Primrose

:D :D :D good come back...ask him next time you talk to him..but any anycase the thing is free for your setup and everyone of the contributor... ;)

for Windows Me (Me&98&95) and XP (XP&2000&NT)

15. Mr.Blaze

:doubt: SO WAIT ONE TUTIN MINUTE BASICLY HE OFFERING NOTHING CAUSE ANY ONE COULD HAD DOWENLOADED THIS AND NOT HAVE TO PAY A DANG THING?
    So basicly its a cope out lol basicly calling every one stupit let me jack you some more while im at it lol

my god that horriable

so 50% off of nothing is nothing lol

as for legal issues lol phthhhhhhhh get any 2 bit lawyer and he will tell you most likely something

jeeshhhhhh what a

16. Primrose

Jooske:

So what is 50% discount on a product which is already free?
    No really, just wait and see.
    For legal things: as said above if product B includes if possible the goodies of product A and the developer of A does it himself in full cooperation with the owner of B, is there any problem for the users if it is still distributed with the same conditions, free in this case?

What are you doing here with that statement...extending the wording of the offer he actually did make into something he never said.o_O

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

See posting #29.
    And re-read. There's no need attacking my reaction.
    Think i've been defending the current situation, asked for patience, wait and see, and painting several possibilities.

18. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

hmmmmmmmmmo_O AntiVir free! Marketing ployo_O Don't explain what has happened Michael. Leaks out that Michael went to this company. Headline: Don't need discount of free product.........get your free product here! Future, okay we have put the bait out and now have the magic number of users we were seeking. Headline: Due to overhead costs we can no longer provide freeware and must charge for payware........current users to receive 50% discounto_Oo_Oo_O WOW :eek:

Who knowso_O Bet Michael knows :blink:

19. Bdiamond

Bdiamond Registered Member

Well have you asked him? It might be the best way to see if you are right.

In addition, why don't you and the others who feel so strongly about what has happened get together and see if you collectively can come up with a way to improve things for everybody?

Maybe all of you, perhaps even with Michael and any one else with insight into the issues could come up with something that permit a "win" everyone?

Otherwise, if you don't care, enough to be helpful then you can just continue going nowhere very slowly-but also being a part of the problem rather than a solution.

Regards

Bdiamond

20. Mr.Blaze

;) i dont know who Bdiamond is but that the smartest thing i have heard in awhile on this subject

but how do you begin such a process you got one group who feels betray and hurt another with resentment another group who can care less either cause there close to him

i duno to me its a huge mess of things

sound like a lenghthy process then you got me lol

all i want is the final build or updated engine regardless if its no longher suported or will ever recive an update

i like gav software call me sentlemento

21. sakharg

sakharg Registered Member

BDiamond,

I think that's a sensible suggestion, but one I feel will have to be preceded by all interested parties (developers and users on both sides) coming together in a single forum and clarifying all the issues before proceeding to a compensatory solution. At this point, without any clarification from Michael or any collaborative communication endeavour, it looks like it's going to remain a "he said, she said" affair, and everyone's going to continue to feel aggrieved.

Sorry to disagree, Jooske, but I think there are some legal definitions such as "donation," "purchase" and "legal contract" that also need to be established, and these would be quite different from a dictionary definition of the same terms as you pointed out.

I am not a use of either product, and I am not a donator (I'm a registered TDS3 operator), but I do hope this thing can come to an amicable solution.

22. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

I really wanted to stay out of this but it seems it's getting ugly

1.People could enjoy some really nice software for free for years
    2.developer wanted to do something else
    3 developer didn't want to leave his loyal user's without saying thanks
    4 developer makes a deal with other developer which enables him to make a gesture to his donors
    5 other developer says deal is off.
    6 first developer cannot do anything, it's beyond his control

then first developer will be sued o_O
    aaghhh

Dolf

23. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

I absolutely agree with Dolf!

There has been a lot of speculation on what has happened based on too little substantive "evidence". I understand that the fuel to this speculation is the great disappointment many people feel regarding the demise of GAV and I really do sympathise but, really, we have not been shown all the cards.

Regards,

Dan

24. Mr.Blaze

:doubt: yup what dan and dolf said

its bad enough the product die but this just seems to add salt to an already open wond

it reads like a bad soap lol

25. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Were you able to locate and install the last available copy for that nostalgia Blaze?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.