TH exe

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by beethoven, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am running Trojanhunter on one PC and I noticed twice an alert from RD re this program trying to change the startup group/ registry.
    As I believe the program is fine, I have allowed once (each time) but I wonder if someone can shed some more light on it. TH updates new definitions automatically, could that have an effect on the registry? Otherwise I don't understand why these changes should occur as I have not made any config changes. o_O

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Was it during the install of TrojanHunter or just when obtaining an update?

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Jason,
    I had installed TH several weeks before and it is set to update definitions automatically. The new version has a scheduler included.
    I am not sure whether the alert appeared immediately after the update or whether it has anything to do with new definitions. I only noticed the alert yesterday after some time when I came back to the PC. The scheduled update was set to happen in the interim period. Then this morning it appeared when rebooting the system. I did not do any regular installation since the original set up a few weeks ago for this program.

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Maybe the scheduler uses registry autostarts so it stays active on your system the whole time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.