Text Appears After Exiting Rescue Media Boot Disk After A Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by countryboy, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countryboy

countryboy Registered Member

When in the past we used the Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.3718 (with Acronis True Image Workstation Universal Restore 9.1.3718 ) Rescue Media Boot CD after restoring an image to another computer of the same model or a computer with different hardware (using Universal Restore) when we exit the Rescue Media Boot cd the computer would automatically restart and no text would appear!!!!!

However, now that we are using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation 9.5.8115 (with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation Universal Restore 9.5.8115) Rescue Media Boot CD when we restore an image to another computer of the same model or a computer with different hardware (using Universal Restore) when we exit the Rescue Media Boot cd the computer doesn't autonatically restart and a bunch of text appears and in order to restart you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Here's is the text that appears when you go to exit Acronis True Image Echo Workstation 9.5.8115 (with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation Universal Restore 9.5.8115) Rescue Media Boot CD:

Loading, please wait...
    No RAID Disks
    Reading all pysical volumes. This may take a while...
    No volume groups found
    No volume groups found
    No volume groups found
    in LinuxMountManager:: Directory::EnableNotification(), type=138
    in LinuxMountManager::
    Directory::En
    ableNotification(), type=128
    in LinuxMountManager:: Directory::EnableNotification(), type=128

This text keeps going on with the above lines. Now I know what RAID is, but here's my question:

Why with the Acronis True Image Workstation 9.1.3718 (with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation Universal Restore 9.1.3718 ) Rescue Media Boot CD after restoring to a computer and exiting the boot cd it automatically restarts and no text appears, where as if I use the Acronis True Image Echo Workstation 9.5.8115 (with Acronis True Image Echo Workstation Universal Restore 9.5.8115) Rescue Media Boot CD to restore to another computer and exit it doesn't automatically restart (you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL) and the text above appears?

Thanks for your help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello countryboy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please clarify if that happens after restoring any image, or just a particular one? Please alse check if that also happens in case you exit Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) without performing any operations.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. jbswift

jbswift Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same rescue media problem you mention with the latest build 8163 of Echo Workstation. Only after a recovery is finished and you exit or close the software does this happen. The images recovered do boot, but I also have build 8101 of the home version and this does not happen using the same PC. It appears what you see is the information that the Acronis Loader detects prior to actually booting the software before the GUI is overlayed on top. When exiting, the GUI goes away and you are left with this text, but the software does not reboot like it normally should. Cycling power or CTRL+ALT+DEL works, but hopefully Acronis fixes this in the next build.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbswift,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Thank you for clarification, it's much appreciated. I will forward that information to our Q&A Team to investigate.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.