Testing your security

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hugsy, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

hi guys
    I have stumbled upon this "comdo firewall test suite" ( http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/securitytests/firewall_test_suite.html ) and gave it a test on admin or lua account, with or without kaspersky int. sec., and under dropmyrights or not.
    Here are my result scores.

admin 50
    admin - drop clt 270
    admin - kis 220
    admin - kis - drop clt 320
    lua 270
    lua - drop clt 270
    lua - kis 320
    lua - kis - drop clt 320

my security fails at:
    injection: SetWindowsHookEx
    injection: SetThreadContext

If you are up for it, we can compare results and ideas how to patch up security holes.

Have a nice day.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I've been used CLT to test CIS for many time, but now I can't use it. My setting are the same but, running CLT with 3,14 and 4.1 versions, at the end of the test it give me 0/0 score that have not meaning. I tried to download CLT many times ( to verify an eventual corrupted download ), and my settings are the same I had some months ago, when CLT worked right on my CIS, 340/340. :rolleyes:

4. Leach

Leach Registered Member

Don't know if it's CLT's fault but it has many bugs, not unusual for Comodo. It showed me once pretty wonderful score, something like 620/340 for PCTools firewall. Although on the second pass, CLT changed its mind and showed a more realistic score. It can show results like xxx/330 sometimes.

5. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Ya, also with me CLT gives different score form a launch to another. But my CIS is ok: with these tests: http://www.testmypcsecurity.com/securitytests/all_tests.html#AllTests it runs right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.