Testing Backup Software: Anti-Ransomware Insurance

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Rasheed187, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Jo

It was directed at Rasheed.

Pete

2. boredog

boredog Registered Member

Some years ago I had my MBR completely screwed up by this software and so I am now gun shy of using it again. It most likely has improved a lot since then but once burnt it is hard to try again. I am very happy with Marcuim Reflect. It has saved my butt many times.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Macrium + DS is been a useful combo on this end.

On an aside about Acronis, I happen to not went any farther than Paragon on XP and DS. DS stayed on and Macrium joined it when i migrated to Win 8 after testings proved it too was a very reliable imager.

I think I tested Acronis a couple of times (long ago now) although it didn't impress but then already settled with DS/Paragon it wasn't necessary anyway at the time.

There's nothing worse than an image app that fails to deliver. Your created/saved image is your bread n butter PC lifeline ESPECIALLY (in my case) when a hardware (HDD) bites the dust and requires a new replacement.

I have enough WD's that went that route. A few Seagates too. I am pretty hard on a drive, it HAS to be able to stand the pressure and test of time :)

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

So because I don't use it, I can't post any links about it? I thought it was an interesting post, that's all. But I don't use any back-up software at the moment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.