Test your email client/webmail provider

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by EncryptedBytes, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

Developed by Mike Cardwell, the website below throws some very common attack vectors and tracking methods used by spammers and exploiters who try to trick users into giving up information through email. You can watch live if any exploits are triggered and the information pulled from it.

I am pleased to know both my outlook 2010 and gmail interfaces passed with flying colors. :)

Feel free to give it a go at this address -https://emailprivacytester.com/-

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Nice. Opening up in my webmail client on Firefox showed all gray. Request Policy was blocking everything. Then I allowed it through Request Policy and half the page lit up in red. So Request Policy is a good add-on to have.

PD

3. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

Yes Request Policy is a very good add-on to use in conjunction with NoScript for Firefox.

4. Tomwa

Tomwa Registered Member

Using hotmail I was able to open and view the email without setting off any of the tests. I even allowed Javascript from the testing site in RequestPolicy and NoScript, tried clicking Show Content to see if that altered anything. Nothing ever did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.