Terrojan??

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Cochise, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J at A

J at A Guest

Hi Cochise,

May I first go back to the previous postings in this thread?

(Maybe I should have done that earlier.......).

If I understand you right, you are using AVG as your resident AV.
    Am I right?

Then you said that you have scanned with some other scanners: like for example A2, TrojanHunter, etc.

Somehow I seem to remember me from the good old TDS-3 times that doing a full scan with TDS-3 while AVG was still resident, could cause problems.

I am not completely sure about other AT scanners.
    But I would highly recommand to disable temporarily your resident AV (in your case: AVG) when doing a full system scan with an AT.

And even more in general:
    When ever doing an on-demand full system scan with anyother AV/AT/AS, I think you should temporarily disable your resident scanner(s): simply to avoid any conflict. With conflict I mean here that your resident scanner might block certain files to be scanned while doing a full system scan with another scanner. I have seen things happening like that in the past more than once (while the good old TDS-3 was still alive....).

If you can, let another scanner (no matter whether AV or AT or AS) do its scanning in Safe Mode !!!!!

=====

Another thing:

Did I understasnd you right that you installed KAV ?

Of course nothing wrong with KAV !!!

But the question is:
    Are now both AVG and KAV running as resident AV ?
    That is something that is asking for problems.
    In general: never ever run more than one AV resident at the same time !!!

And:
    Did I understood you right that in the meantime you have uninstalled KAV ?
    Maybe, in that case, some special tools from KAV are needed; I have to leave that to the KAV-guru's.
    Make no mistake: I am not saying that you cannot have KAV as on-demand scanner while having another AV as resident scanner.
    (I have it myself that way).

=====

Now about those icons that you're seeing twice.
    I have to leave you to GF and others about that.

But I was asking myself whether you could click on their properties and see whether they point to the same file?

And I was asking myself whether you could run the trial version of a Reg-Cleaner, for example Tune-Up Utilities.
    Maybe running the reg-tool of Tune-Up Utilities might fix this? Sorry, I'm not quite sure....

OK, that's it for now.
    Take good care, and best wishes Cochise !!!!!
    Cheers, Jan.

2. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Many Thanks to all concerned in mending my Multi-C**k-up.....I carried out all the suggested cures with regard the 'Double up' in my CP....without success.....took it into my Mending Man who put it right in half an hour...I asked him what had been the problem but his well meaning explanation passed over my head.....??:D :D

Just to say, Kaspersky sorted out the Trojan double quick once I stopped acting silly and let it do it's thing.......

Thanks for all the HELP, Regards, Cochise,:cool:

3. Chise'

All clear? :ninja: Simple thought on those double's .... if you were to have created a folder on your desktop word has it you could then open CP, shrink it's window then drag n' drop any extra's from there to the desktop folder. I don't know if both you had were functional opening the selected control, but if so this I've read is possible.

Anything misplaced or not working afterward's could easily be repaired from your XP disc.

GF

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Apparently they're .cpl files in system32. Duplicates can just be removed from there.....

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Your right.....that's where they were...you Wizard from Oz.....:D :D

Cochise,:cool: Lost in the System in Syracuse....

6. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Cheers.

Attached Files:

• wiz.jpg
      wiz.jpg
      File size:
      57.6 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.