Terrible Spyware Problems

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by Brandon Harwell, Apr 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At least I think it's spyware. A lot of things from www.dealhelper.com and www.targetwords.com have been installing themselves on my computer lately without my knowledge or permission. I have already threatened both with lawsuits and fully intent to file at the courthouse within the next week or so, but that doesn't solve the issue inside my computer. I have no idea how this happened.

I have an MSN-based pop-up blocker to stop pop-ups (although it doesn't seem to work with those fancy shockwave and java pop-ups nor does it stop those install questions) and I haven't downloaded anything recently nor have I run any EXE programs within the last few months. Somehow, this crap still got on my computer and I can't get rid of it. I've used Ad-aware and the such several times, but the" snip " keeps reinstalling somehow. I search the registry by hand but can't find anything related to this.

These two companies are in HUGE violation of MANY laws and they seem able to hide their stuff as well. How do I deal with them? I've had to uninstall many programs installed by these two recently and now IE crashes whenever I shut down the computer as a result. This is ridiculous! HELP!

moved here to get the attention you need==bigc

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2004
  2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.