Terrible customer support at ATI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donwieber, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donwieber

donwieber Registered Member

I was torn between ATI and Norton Ghost, I had heard that ATI was the better product, I wish I had bought Norton because of one factor. ATI has terrible customer support and at least Norton customer support tries to help.

Signed,
    One dis-satisified customer who wishes he could get a refund

2. triathlon4life

triathlon4life Registered Member

I agree 100%. THey have the worst support, and the support website (not this one) is terrible. The product is reliable. I have been using acronis for years, but things have changed for sure. The product has went down in speed for sure. BartPE or not.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Any enlightenment forthcoming on what your problem is/was, in case anyone here can help you, or is your post solely to let off steam? :blink:

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ahhhh .... but the forum support here is nothing short of first class! :cool: :cool: Give it a shot.

5. Marpost

Marpost Registered Member

I have found the customer support to be a mix. I've always been able to get someone and they seem to really take an interest. But as far as actually solving the issue, it has been very inefficient and has dragged out for a long long time. Also it seems like every time I get a new person and they have to start again from scratch, they have a hard time keeping coordinated about the issue.

I explain my story in the thread at

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=248527

I really really wish Acronis Support would simply solve my issue by fixing the actual bugs I found in the program. They do seem to have been courteous and tried to help, but they still haven't agreed to actually fix the bugs.

6. donwieber

Oh but I have posted here in the forum and have not as yet found anyone to answer my problem. My main problem is that if I create a task to make a backup schedule and iniate it manually it takes about 2 - 3 hours to backup 300 gigs of data. But when I schedule that same task it has taken about 18 hours to complete. I tried bot the Acronis scheduler and Windows scheduler, I made the task have high priority and no compression. Another problem I have is that if my PC is asleep, it will not stay awake long enough for the task to complete.

Any thoughtso_O

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

A number of questions! Sorry if you've provided the answers in another thread.

Which OS and not meaning to insinuate anything is this a 'proper' copy of Windows that is being used - some of the 'imaged' copies have parts of them broken which results in some programs having problems.

Which version and build of TI?

Is the problem from within Windows or from the Rescue CD?

Is this a USB drive or to a NAS?

Is your USB drive formatted as FAT32 or NTFS?

Is your PC USB ports (if used) USB2.0?

Is your drive attached via an external hub or plugged in to a front USB port?

Have you tried disconnecting from the internet and disabling your firewall (just to find out if this is filtering TI in some way).

Do you have anything like bitlocker or compressed disks in operation?

Is there any software that runs in the background all the time (registry tracker or malware utility )- apart from the AV and Firewall?

Are you able to mount or explore an image?

Have you stopped any of the Acronis Services and if not and they are all running are they set to automatic - which they should be.

I suspect that it is probably a SNAPI problem or similar.

The sleep problem I think is down to Windows, I ahve the same problem on my laptop both in Vista and W7 and I've tried v11, v2009 (all builds) ABR10 and currently beta2010 the laptop quite happily goes to sleep mid image - this might also be down to the IBM sleep utility as well in my case.

If the PC/Laptop sleeps, there is a bug in XP and Vista supposedly fixed by SP3 and SP2 respectively that solves the problem of USB ports waking up in USB1.1 mode rather than full speed USB2.0, however SP3 and W7 haven't solved that particular problem.

May I suggest disabling your screensaver (if activated) and the power function on your PC just while trying to see what causes your slow throughput.

What size drive, how many partitions and format are you imaging from and to what size drive are you imaging to?

If you have two internal drives and space, is it any quicker imaging to an internal drive - PATA or SATA.

Lot of questions, but it might help narrow down where your speed problems are occurring.

Check also that you have the latest BIOS version for your PC, though this should only really effect the use of the Rescue CD.

How much RAM does your machine have?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Software!

donwieber, could you please send me your support case number via PM? I would check the case and find out what happened there.

Thank you,
    Michael Levchenko

9. donwieber

Wow, someone that actually responds to a question. Here are the answers:

Thanks for the Help

Don

10. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

OK, I have run build 9709 under W7 7100 and haven't had the 'slow' problem, so that rules out (probably) W7 being the culprit.

I think some other people had a similar problem to yours with b9709 under Vista. I think this was one of the items solved with the latest build which is b9796. It might be worthwhile downloading that build, but given your problems I'd suggest a complete uninstall of b9709 so that apart from the task scripts, all remnants of 9709 are removed and you're starting from a base installation.

If that solves it bingo, if not, then it would be worth checking two things, trying a different version of SNAPAPI - I think there is a link in the sticky FAQ's and downloading and running MEMTESTx86 - just in case one of your RAM sticks is not up to scratch. This ought to be run for at least 6 hours and preferably for 12 or more. TI is very RAM intensive, so if it has a problem here it either causes BSOD's, images that can't be validated and possibly slow imaging. I assume that TI has no problems with RAM sizes greater than 4GB.

Is this a brand name PC or a shop/home built one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.