Tense situation

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by brb79, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brb79

brb79 Registered Member

I really dont know what to do now
    I wanted to go for Kaziranga National Park in coming Decmeber but only yesterday i read in the news that there was a scare of a bird flu potentiality there
    Though no cases of infection have been registered so far i am in a situation whether i should go or not
    What i am doing now is postponing it by a month or so and will see the situation again before going there

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

It's probably wise to monitor the situation for a while in that paticular area and try and get some first hand reports on any cases of infection there.

If bird flu ever takes hold in India and is able to make the jump from animal to human, IMHO that will be the turning point into pandemic with such a huge population there....

snowbound

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Would do us good, reduce the burgeoning population once for all and we will get a chance to start everything fresh, don't worry about the bird flu, as you can see, didn't affect any Indians in Singapore or HK either, probably the spices and chilli in the food kills all bacteria and virus.

4. coolguy53

coolguy53 Registered Member

Hi brb
    I would advice you to postpone your trip for a few months and regularly follow the situation there in the news
    As the bird flu if not controlled has every chance to become a global pandemic and in the future can become contagious between human beings as well
    You can search on google for more information or have a look at some forum threads like http://www.globalthreads.com/forum/ShowPost-11789.aspx to find out how dangerous to situation can get

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I live in India, and I would suggest that you put your visit on hold for a while, and see what the coming months reveal. Then you can make a decision.

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Would do us good? :eek:

I hope you're kidding Arup. I realize India is over populated but u would not want this flu or any other horrible contagion to take hold in your country. Or any other for that matter...

The devastation it would cause would be unimaginable. :'(

snowbound

7. Arup

Arup Guest

Snowbound,

Of course I am joking, but then at this rate of population, India is headed for a disaster far more horrific than bird flu.

Btw: My friend who is an ornithologist is now working at Kaziranga and so far his reports are showing no trends of bird flu, as you may be aware, South Asia was not affected by it even during the peak activity of bird flu, as a matter of fact, poultry is being exported from India to other countries due to bird flu not affecting them, but who know what tomorrow brings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.