Tencent pc manager is risky and maybe dangerous?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by taleblou, Mar 10, 2016.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@marciocruz Thanks for the post. While I believed PC Manager was safe (as I've never seen any actual evdience to prove otherwise), it is nice to get some confirmation.

2. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I am waiting for zemana to approve tencent pc manager and then allow me to install it. Until then I guess I will be going with other AVs.

3. roger_m

@taleblou I don't they will anytime soon. You can add PC Manager to the ignore list when it gets detected, so it doesn't get detected again. On computers I install PC Manager on, I no longer install Zemana.

I really like both products. But, while Zemana is still detecting PC Manager, I find it easiest to not install Zemana. I see no reason to swith antiviruses as Tencent is extremely light, has good detection rates, and because there is no paid version, there is no in product advertising to try and get you to upgrade.

4. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

not possible. no matter if you add it to ignore, still during updates and some module access it will be detected again. Anyway I use zemana only and nothing else as it is a sofar a bulletproof security against any and all malwares.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

5. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

After installation of Tencent Pcmanager but before closing the installation frame it comes up a frame with chinese text that seems to give some more installation possibilities. Anyone knows what it says there?

6. roger_m

I've installed it on many computers and have never seen any Chinese text displayed. If you have a smartphone you could use the Google Translate app to translate the text, as it can translate the text on anything the phone's camera is looking at.

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Great pick Roger, it is an amazing little jewel this Google Translate app, it really works! Out of curiosity, Tencent is using its own engine plus Bitdefender, they have no paid version hence how do they make their money?

8. roger_m

Yes, Google Translate comes in really handy sometimes.
    There's plenty of information on Tencent at Wikipedia.

9. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Thank you for answering Roger.
    I installed it yesterday and took it from their homesite where it says it is the - tva version. Version number is 11.6.
    It is on a Pc and i have no phone.

Yesterday i just shut down the message and it did not return during the evening but this morning it returned on startup so instead i clicked the obvious and usuall frame that one is supposed to click. But still no idè of what it is.

10. roger_m

In case you didn't know, the TAV version does not include Bitdefender's signatures.

11. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Within the program it says that it does! There is even a choise to use them or not.

From where do you recommend to download Tencent to get the right version?

12. roger_m

You can download it from this page. The green download button downloads the regular version. There is a link below the download button to download the TAV version.

It does sound like you're already running the full version.

13. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Ok, thank you. No further idèas about the frame with chinese text? Yes - i used the green button so all must be good then.

It is light on my Pc and i have never experienced an Av with such low impact on startup time. Hardly none at all. It boots faster then ever.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  14. roger_m

I've never seen the Chinese text myself. It is extremly light for me too.

15. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Ok. Thanks for your time.

16. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

Same here.
    And it still supports WIN-XP, which is useful on old machines, that usually are slow...

17. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It is running very well on my Win 10 machine but you guys are right Zemana sure does not like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.