temporary access error

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by INTOXSICKATED, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

why do i keep getting this:

~uploaded kind of clearer pic....Bubba~

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  2. GForce

GForce Guest

Hi Intox,

Would you mind posting not a screenshot but a copy/paste of the Wilder's homepage address, you're screenie's a little difficult to decipher. If info contained in the address is slightly off, it may cause problems. Further, several guests and members have voiced trouble accessing pages here with FF.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?

GF

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Intox, That is one of the mysteries of the ages. I might go for a month without seeing one of those and like now I have been seeing it two or three times a night. It is just something to do with the forum software. I don't see it in opera8 just firefox and netscape which uses the FF engine.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

As GF said, you're certainly not alone on this issue. I used to get those messages quite often with FireFox. Hardly at all now with Opera.

snowbound

5. INTOXSICKATED

it actually happens to me all the time. i get it when i click on a thread link while browsing the forum's home page. sometimes i have to enter a particular forum like 'other firewalls' for example, then click on the thread link to get into it. no big problem, just bored and curious. maybe it is a firefox issue.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It seems to help if you clear the cache in FF every so often. ;)

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

This burp is not bashful....it is also an Internet Explorer occurence and clearing the cache does seem to help somewhat....but....it really helped lessen the occurences for me when a particular connection setting was adjusted :eek:

8. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Got it too sometimes using IE6 on my W98SE ;)

9. INTOXSICKATED

i see. i do clear my cache in ff quite frequently also (at least once a day). like the way you cleaned-up my attachment. i tried to re-size it and, well you know!

at least now i know i'm not alone!

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I could see it clearly....but felt the need to help some of our elderly posters in particular the guest above :D :cool: :blink: :ninja:

11. GForce

GForce Guest

I agree,

Though not by experience with FF. I've had the same access error you're showing when trying to retrieve threads from the forums mainpage, not all the time but it happens. No solid proof here but I believe it pertains to a parsing issue mentioned throughout numerous coding forums where other FF user's face the same.

GF

12. GForce

GForce Guest

Hey Bubba,

I'm no spring chicken but...thanks. :D

GF

13. INTOXSICKATED

maybe it happens if you click on a link and it's in the process of being updated or something. i noticed it only seems to happen when clicking on a link from the most recent post in a particular forum. did that make any sense?

14. GForce

GForce Guest

Just to clarify,

I was after the address bar information, not the error. ;)

GF

15. INTOXSICKATED

i know, but it happens with many different addresses. take this one for example:

hope you can see it!

Attached Files:

16. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'm attempting to retrieve it....but as it pertains to this error message it would be of no benefit IMHO. This is not browser specific....and one cause is thought to be default parallel connection settings that at it's minimum is not adequate to accept some of the graphic intensive objects contained in certain forums and threads :doubt:

17. GForce

GForce Guest

OK then Bubba, not up to speed on this stuff yet...
    I remember an old thread from last year where info from the address bar was causing a strange condition...
    you may even know which! :D

@ INTOX - Yes, I can see it. ;) Thank's for that.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.