Tech support, where are you?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by veronicay, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veronicay

veronicay Registered Member

Does anyone at Acronis read their email? I sent an email to support on 5 January and received no response, not even an acknowledgement. A second email on 20 January also went unanswered. So I'm posting my question here in the hope that someone will see it.

I bought a copy of Disk Director 9.0 on 4 January and have installed it on a PC running Windows 2000. The PC has a 20 Gb hard drive with 6.6 Gb of free space. This information is correctly displayed in Disk Director. Yet when I try to create a partition using some of the free space, I immediately get a message saying there is not enough free space to create a partition, and the free space displayed changes to 0. So I have paid for the software, and I can't use it. Note that since then I have tried it on an almost identical PC also running Windows 2000, and it works there -- but not on the PC I want to use it on.

I attached a report of the system setup to my original email.

Acronis products may be excellent in some cases, but if the product doesn't work as advertised, and tech support is non-existent, there doesn't seem much point in paying for them.

:mad:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello veronicay,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/diskdirector/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

We require the Acronis Report file in order to answer your question.

Could you please inform me via PM (private message) what your email address is and what email address you sent your request for support to? I will search our Request Tracking system for your message in order to find the report file.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Veronica,

The report file you sent us shows some file system errors on your C:\ partition. Please go to Strat -> Run... and isue the following command:

chkdsk c: /r

Then please follow the instructions on the screen, schedule the disk checking the next time the system starts up and reboot the computer under consideration.

Please try to use Acronis Disk Director Suite again.

If the problem persists please let me know about it via a private message or just post a message here.

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.