Teamview

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by raybro, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raybro

raybro Registered Member

Howdy Folks... Haven't posted here in a very long time. :)

As the title implies, my question concerns a program i just discovered called Teamview. Tried it out between my 2 laptops [noparse](XP and Win :cool:[/noparse] and it works just as advertised.

I gotta believe the people here are familiar with the program and would like to know the general attitude about security of such a program. Its just way to good to be true. I help a number of friends around my area and being able to access their computer remotely would be a real convenience. Obviously, I do not want to put them (or myself) at any significant risk by doing this sort of thing. Just looking for a little guidance here... :D

Thanks.. Raybro

2. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

it's TEAMVIEWER not teamview :rolleyes:

and it's the best program for legit remote assistance and is used by many IT professionals all over the world.

it's very secure as well because you get to see what the other party is doing. for example, let's say he wants to go to your documents folder silently and transfer your files to him, you will see a pop up window immediately pup up telling you what activity is going on in the background and if you sense something fishy you simply end the program immediately

3. raybro

raybro Registered Member

Thanks for the response berryracer... :)

Good info, 'Preciate it. Your absolutely correct. It is Teamviewer and NOT Teamview. I'll remember that the next time I see a "pup up". :D

Raybro...

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, Teamviewer is one of the best remote control softwares I've used. I think it's reasonably secure as long as it's not installed as a service. It's a good idea to explain to people how the GUI works and how to close the session so they don't leave it running afterward. I always use it in conjunction with a voice call so the person at the other end is aware of what's going and when we're done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.