Teacher Discount (UK)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mapson, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mapson

Mapson Registered Member

I've recommended NOD32 to many of my students and wondered if there is a similar discount for home computers of teachers working at UK schools/colleges?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2006
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I would contact either the uk distributor - or a reseller and see if that's the case. I don't see why not...

3. Mapson

Mapson Registered Member

webyourbusiness, thanks for the reply. I contacted NOD32UK a few days ago but have yet to recieve a reply :/

I'm considering a 3 year licence if there are any UK resellers on this board that can be of assistance. I can forward as evidence of being a teacher:

* Scan of my college staff card
    * Email from my college email address.

4. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Hi there,

I am a UK based reseller.

Yes, you are entitiled to an educational licence. 3 year licence is £23 per machine.

Email me:

info AT pc HYPHEN support DOT uk DOT com

for further details and to place an order.

5. Mapson

Mapson Registered Member

Thanks everyone, a few minutes after posting my second message I was contacted by a UK reseller and now have NOD32 after providing evidence of teacher status.

6. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

Why?

With the greatest respect, UK teachers are very well paid and can well afford the relatively low cost of a licence if it's for personal use.

If you are basing your request on the number of recommendations you've made then join the queue :D

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Somehow I can't see the logic in this either.. All about location I guess :)

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

LOL :p :blink: Compared to?

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I think nonmirecordo is saying that students need discounts because odvisaly they dont have much money. but teachers have quite alot of money so should have to pay normal price for nod32 like everyone else. they have a decent payed job so why should they get a discount?

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Bingo! .. I can fully understand that a student needs a discount because they are pretty much broke (been there myself), but a teacher that collects a full month salary and still needs a discount? .. That's beyond me... Why not do the same for engineers then? We make the cars that you drive ... The sink that you use ... Basically, we make life easier for the entire world ...

11. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Teachers in the UK are well paid? Wow, that is a switch from the US, where they are certainly not well paid. Maybe that is why many educational discounts apply to teachers, as well. Besides, they have a chance to shape the young minds of tomorrow. Muwahahahahaaaa!!! :shifty:

Hey, as long as the discount is available, why not take it? :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.