TDS3 Registration Vanished!

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jvmorris, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvmorris

jvmorris Registered Member

Don't quite know what to make out of this. I'd installed (and registered) TDS-3 before leaving on a trip in early September. I know the registration 'took' because all features were working (not all did in the trial version).

However, now that I'm back; I simply get a pop-up saying that the trial period has now expired! At the moment, TDS is simply non-functional on this box.

Suggestionso_O

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ensure that your emailed keyfile is in thr TDS main directory - TDS3.k - If the problem still persists please email support@diamondcs.com.au using the original email address on your order.

HTH. Pilli

3. jvmorris

Pilli,

There is no TDS3.k file in the TDS main directory -- at the moment.

I'm not sure how I registered the product, but I think it was directly from the trial application. Specifically, I don't seem to have a saved copy of any such sent e-mail on this machine.

However, what I do have is an e-mail from Wayne on 13 Oct that acknowledges that I am a registered owner of TDS-3.

4. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

Typo, it should have been tds3.kf
    That mail from Wayne, does it have an attachment ??
    Dolf

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Registration emails come from support@ with the subject TDS Reg. If you need another copy we will get one out to you ASAP. Wayne is developing some important things this weekend but I will get him a message to send you a key if possible :)

6. jvmorris

Dolf,

Negatory on query -- nothing like that in the TDS program directory, which is where I assume it should be. I've got a TDS3.CFG elsewhere, however. Oddly, that's dated 10 Oct 2003, which is about when I found TDS3 to be non-functional.

No to second query -- that was something of a mass mailing to registered TDS3 users, apparently -- announcing another product.

7. jvmorris

Gavin,

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. You've got my e-mail in my earlier order apparently. (Well, Wayne had to have found me somehow! ;) )

Still, it's a bit of an odd situation. . . . I know it was running with full functionality when I left here on 4 Sep.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

TDS.CFG is the configuration settings you created in TDS > Configuration from the console.
    In your registration email was a keyfile attached, and it might have had another name you should change as instructed to that tds.kf .
    Make sure next time you get your copy to copy both keyfile and registration instructions email away, just in case.
    You might still have that original email but forgot you ever saved it?

9. DolfTraanberg

Maybe you should perform a full scan with TDS, now you've got your keyfile back
    Altough I've never heard of "keyfile stealers" ;)
    But it might be the first workaround to bypass ProcessGuard :D
    Dolf

10. jvmorris

Hi, Jooske -- finally got back from the UK; sorry I couldn't make it across the Channel. (Paul is undoubtedly breathing a sigh of relief. ;) )

Yes, the e-mail is probably saved somewhere -- I'm just not sure where! I was using four different PCs at the time the registration came in and it's probably somewhere on one of them -- just not this one, which is where TDS3 is installed.

11. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Dolf, TDS3 cannot kill Process Guard ;)

12. jvmorris

Found the registration file and re-installed it. Updated update.cfg. Product seems to be working correctly now.

Thanks all.

13. DolfTraanberg

Yeah, but when your keyfile got stolen, Process Guard has no process to guard :D
    Dolf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.