Tds With Zap?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

Now i know some of you Tds hunchoes say all you need is tds but i want to know how would one configure tds to go side by side with zap hand in hand active and runing with out any problems or is it automatic

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

Of course you need a firewall.
    There is no problem with running TDS-3 and ZAP together.
    But I don't have ZAP, so one of the users of both ZAP and TDS-3 can tell you more.

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Just configure each individual, goes fine side by side. ZAPro will get the first alert to block, so you might like to block extra some ports.
    Take for example 27374:
    you might like to close that extra in your ZAPro settings.
    If you activate in TDS the sockets, it opens that port (if you choose 27374) but it is TDS listenign and reacting behind it.
    So if you're brave, and you activated one of the nice emulators listening on that port, you will wipe temporary that blockage from zAPro so an intruder will indeed get to TDS and your fun can start with that.
    Just put it back in ZAPro when you no longer want to play.
    You might have the sockets configured automated, so a lot are blocked and intruders find TDS listening there.
    You might like to use scripting and conditions and how sockets will respond or what you allow or not on that socket, to name some examples. Did not see examples of that posted yet from operators, btw, which does not mean they would not be there.
    Get the idea more or less?
    This way is not limited to ZAPro but any firewall, of course.
    So you can make rules in the fw and in TDS both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.