tds update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Rita, Jul 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hello
    i recently downloaded tds free version and was running it and it said i needed to update radius database so i did -so now how do i save the file to tds directory?and overwrite existing radius?when i downloaded the file and right clicked on it there wasnt no choice of save target as to click on as it said to do.i have the new radius but its not doing any good because i cant do anything with it.i know this seems like a dumb question to alot of people but i dont know how to get this done.can someone help :'(
    thank you
    rita

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I am definitely not one of the TDS experts (far from it) but if you go to the TDS update site - right click the actual 'latest radius.tds' and select Save target as ( I think you may have downloaded the file first) when you have done this browse to your TDS program folder in your program files - open this folder and save the update (you should see a prompt asking you if you want to over write the radius already there - say 'yes' )

I hope this explains it but if not one of the experts will be much better than me.

3. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi Robyn
    thanks--i got the file downloaded to the tds software and it worked i guess but still when i open tds it still gives the message radius needs updated so i dont know?thanks for replying ill try again
    rita

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

hi robyn
    i tried again and in one place it says database needs updated and then on down it said it was updated 7/16 which is today so i guess it worked--dont know why it says needs updated in one place--oh well it worked and i want to thank you for helping me
    many thanks
    rita

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Hi ritaan

I am pleased it worked just check the numbers you have to make sure it is all up to date: (35873) References (14092) Primaries (999:cool: Traces (11783) Variants/Other

I now check my updates with the ones Gavin posts in the update section of this forum just to make very sure.

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Ritaann,

Am I understanding you right that you have the trial version?

In that case TDS-3 indeed says that the definitions need to be updated, even if you have installed the last one ;)
    So make sure that the numbers are the right ones (Gavin posts update notifications at the Update forum-section).

I hope this helps.
    Cheers, Jan.

7. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Jan
    thanks for your reply.i am glad to know i have the update and that the trial version still says i need an update--thanks for letting me know this
    many thanks
    rita :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.