TDS Scripting

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

On the agent stuff I'm afraid that you will have to wait for Jooske as she is the expert.

But just to be sure, I want you to make a simple script. Open notepad and cut and paste the following line,

Wscript.Echo "Hello, Blaze!"

Save that file as hello.vbs into whatever directory you like. Then browse over to that directory and make sure it has the normal vbs icon and then double click on it. You should get a simple message box. If that works then the Windows Script Host is installed and working and we know that nothing is getting in its way.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the TDS GUI type
    msgbox "hello Blaze"
    does the msgbox show up after enter?
    Did you check if there are 0 kb files in the TDS directory? If so, delete them.
    If you type the same line in notepad, save as hello.vbs on your desktop, does anything come back when clicked?

In your IE security settings, did you block scripts there for all and trusted webpages? If so, don't in those zones.
    Did you set in Outlook Express to read emails in the restricted zone or internet zone? Set to internet zone.
    As windows explorer / IE / OE are so much integrated such things can influence one another.

Do you remember when the scripts stopped? Was this after blocking them in IE?
    Your WG should protect you for nasties from webpages, and there are sites i only visit via restricted zone.

In your ZAPro > Privacy > tab Ad blocking > uncheck the Animation blocking
    It might be the "banner ads" must not be set on "always" but on "performance" for some occasions, and choose the lowest value of 1.
    tab Mobile code > uncheck the vbs script blocking and if necessary all 4 of them.
    On websites, the agents are in fact a kind of form popping up, so those settings might block them from running their script or popping up at all.
    OK

Let us hear if this was the cause. Thanks.

BTW: i really hope you did not install the Agent core 2.0 from the MS site, as in your XP is a newer engine, which is not available on the MSagent site. Although: this was the situation, and i'm not sure if they corrected or put at least a warning for XP users not to get that core part (the upper agentcontrol 2.0)
    If you can, try to get that part back from your XP install cd-rom or are you able to get that back from a partly goback or ghost restore?

Did that testagent in email or as testagent.html from desktop run for you?

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol that was cool that worked

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sorry, i was editing my posting crossing your reply which worked, can you tell which worked for wich now?
    So if needed we can look deeper.

In such a webpage with "scriptinmg error" messages, you might like to go to the source and save it in a notepad or if big in an email in txt format to look at it patiently.
    ZAPro set's lots of own code because of all those security blocks, so you might find something with those.

5. Mr.Blaze

will scripting work

6. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Cool! Then we now know that nothing is blocking the scripts from running at all, it is just a matter of getting the speech stuff going :D

I'll leave you then in the expert hands of Jooske

Time for ME to sleep :)

7. Mr.Blaze

:Dnow let try jooskey scripting

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

in TDS GUI typ
    speak "hello Blazey!"
    it uses the same speech engine as the agents.
    It won't speak though if your SAPI5 build in XP is listening for voice commands. So that should be temporary be closed, so SAPI4 can run.

See page 2 of this discussion, maybe should make it a sticky of speech/msagent in TDS
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=121;start=15

Hope it works for you too!

9. Mr.Blaze

:eek:will i did what you said in tds box nothing happend

i did your vbs script and this what happend

10. Mr.Blaze

In your IE security settings, did you block scripts there for all and trusted webpages? If so, don't in those zones.
    Did you set in Outlook Express to read emails in the restricted zone or internet zone? Set to internet zone.
    As windows explorer / IE / OE are so much integrated such things can influence one another.

script active x controls enabled
    active scripting enabled
    scripting of javah applets enabled

Do you remember when the scripts stopped? Was this after blocking them in IE?
    Your WG should protect you for nasties from webpages, and there are sites i only visit via restricted zone.

In your ZAPro > Privacy > tab Ad blocking > uncheck the Animation blocking
    It might be the "banner ads" must not be set on "always" but on "performance" for some occasions, and choose the lowest value of 1.
    tab Mobile code > uncheck the vbs script blocking and if necessary all 4 of them.
    On websites, the agents are in fact a kind of form popping up, so those settings might block them from running their script or popping up at all.
    OK

za pro all off on privacy tab

Let us hear if this was the cause. Thanks.

BTW: i really hope you did not install the Agent core 2.0 from the MS site, as in your XP is a newer engine, which is not available on the MSagent site. Although: this was the situation, and i'm not sure if they corrected or put at least a warning for XP users not to get that core part (the upper agentcontrol 2.0)
    If you can, try to get that part back from your XP install cd-rom or are you able to get that back from a partly goback or ghost restore?

ahhhhh gaspppppppppppp oh man will here go go back time lol

11. Mr.Blaze

:Dyou mean basicly reinstall my microsoft word xp right

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

At the moment i must think back your steps and what is possible and what not.
    You have the proper vbs icon back on your test script.
    Why the one script runs and the other not?
    No "" missing?
    I just ran my test file with this content
    Msgbox "This is a VBS script running"
    which you might like to try again.
    That line you can either put in notepad and save as test.vbs or in the TDS GUI, both should give the same result.
    You might also like to save it as an SS3 script to run from TDS and if so, does it work?
    I made this test SS3, it shows the messagebox, after clicking the OK it will speak the second line.
    Code:
    speak "hello Jooske"

Do your SS3 scripts have the proper icons now?

The msagents technology should have come with the windows XP installation, not sure if it comes another time with XP word. with that last one you might like to do a repair install via opening Word and in extra or tools do a repair if possible.

In my IE i have set all ActiveX set to "prompt" so at least i know when something is trying.

And did you move the email reading in OE to the internet zone (in the security tab) ?

13. Mr.Blaze

14. Mr.Blaze

:(but it no talk i guess it strange because my tds can taly it say hello and talk but these do it your self scripts wont

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That is great, so probably there was a typo before.
    And if you save the tiny SS3 script and run it from TDS, do you get both the msgbox and after pressing OK the voice?

That second one with the "speak" line should be saved with an SS3 extension and loaded from the TDS console as a normal SS3 script!

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the meantime i made your script a bit larger to try as a SS3 script.
    copy and paste in the SS3 script editor, save as Helloscript.SS3
    same story like before
    Code:
    speak "Hello Blazey"

Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Genie", SysVar("sys.windowsdirectory") & "\msagent\chars\Genie.acs")
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Show"
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "MoveTo", "200", "200", "1000" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Hello " & CStr(TDSUserName) & "!!" 
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "To unload me completely type Hide in the console."
    MSAgentForm.AgentControl "Speak", "Bye bye !!"

Sub hide
    MSAgent.Characters.UnLoad "Genie"
    End Sub 

make sure no lines are wrapping!
    it's that line with Call.... and the line thereafter which should be one line.
    If your Genie is in it's default location you can replace that line with
    Call MSAgentForm.LoadMSAgent("Genie", "Genie.acs")

It seems here as if the script starts with an empty line, which is not the case! It starts immediately with the script itself.

Did you disable the SAPI5 voice recognition for XP during those tests and euhmm you said TDS is talking normally to you when you type anything in the console to speak to you?
    And are you really really sure there are no size 0 kb files in the TDS directory or the scriptfolders you're using?

17. Mr.Blaze

:(WAIT ONE TUTIN MINUTE HEY ARNT THOSE RED VBS THINGHY SUPOSE TO LOOK LIKE MY BLUE SCRIPTS

Also that blue one wont load nor can tds display it when i choose run it like it not even there

hey i have mash on my pc would playing with the mash output options cause this

18. Mr.Blaze

:(wow poor jooskey i must be the most hardest newb to deal with

19. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Is it possible for you to set your file extensions to be shown?
    This is how they look for me.

The very frustrating thing is you had it all running ok before and i don't know what you changed since and WHY!?

Attached Files:

20. Mr.Blaze

ok do property check on your ss3 script and under opens with tell me what it opens with

21. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

That kind of info is not given nowhere (win98Se)
    not even from a file if i save it on the desktop and rightclick for properties.
    Only in windows explorer with all details checked i get the info about the file type which is SS3 file.

Your's are showing as VBS.
    please show the names with properties, details.
    and make sure an SS3 script is named a ss3 script as it should and i want to see those file extensions and full names.
    i even see you's with different icons: the blue for a real VBS script (the test thing) and VBS for what should be SS3

If i just rightclick a SS3 icon and search for "opening" and choose that i get an empty SS3 editor, not the expected file.
    I'm used to drag the scripts to notepad or to load them.

I asked you if you have empty size 0 files in your TDS directory, do you have those for the SS3editor.exe for instance?

22. Mr.Blaze

:eek:but i did show the info i did property check look albove

i pull out coke machine off my cd and that what the icon look like and the ones you had me make with note oad turn into those blue icons

so im sorry im totaly new to this i didnt mean to frustrate you.

just tell me how to find out what you need to know and i will do it remember im not so computer saby espechialy with extentions and stuffs

23. Mr.Blaze

all the tds ss3 eiles have that red vbs icon it says it opens with sccrip editor

24. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Why don't i get names in your explorer like
    blaze.SS3
    blaze1.SS3
    test.VBS

What did you change on your system / settings since the last time you ran SS3 scripts without any problems?
    to inform you i have Mash 6.. too and have no problems with the SS3 scripting at all as you noticed.

What happens if you open the SS3 editor in TDS?

I asked you if you have and to remove size 0 kb files.
    What happens in the "open with" for the SS3 files if you press "change"?
    Can you somewhere in your system re-associate SS3 with SS3 and not with VBS?

Yes it is frustrating Blaze, as you had it all fine in order and running fine with all your SS3 scripts and now again and this time worse then the other day we're all trying to get you back on track, while you even have a ghost or goback thing and even system restore!

I asked you several times what did you DO actually which is so disturbing for the SS3 part?
    That's the only way to step back and re-change and re-associate the files properly.
    Get rid of 0 kb files, look if the scripts files are played in the proper internet zone, i did tell you you have to do so both in IE and OE to have them right for your whole system.
    I ever lost my scripting thing due too_O (i think a security patch or a crash) and only reinstalled the Windows Script 5.6 thing and all was reassociated back to the right SS3 and ran since.

You showed the test.vbs from the desktop playing properly. So the WSH seems ok.
    But your ss3 engine seems to have gone or is associated wrong.
    If nothing helps you might like to reinstall TDS (fresh d/l)over the existing one or if that doesn't feel ok or work ok uninstall (keep your scripts in safety first plus the keyfile)
    TDS and install the new fresh d/l and copy the scripts folder back in and the keyfile and see if that made any change at all (you might like to put the current radius in safety too, to spare some d/l for updating)

Maybe some other program file has deleted or overwritten an required system file you need, like the known OCX files on the TDS d/l page for required files,
    vbscript, one of the other files. Maybe the VB6SP5 runtimes used for MASH have overwritten something essential, but --i noticed changes i was not happy with at all! with intalling MASH as i think the install should have ASKED if it was ok to overwrite anything at all!!!-- my SS3 still works fine after that install so i doubt it's in that area.
    If you visit the Private forum for scripting you see your own former and other people's solutions and files so if necessary we can send you what we have (i hope somebody with an XP home like you have for the best versions) swhen needed.

25. Open Source

Open Source Registered Member

If i may be so bold to intervene.

As you may recall Blaze had no file association set for SS3 file's see below

[​IMG]

The icons should had looked like this seen in your example.

[​IMG]

This could had been for Many of reasons Listed Below.

1.windows scripting host damaged or never installed correctly or missing.

2. Norton Script blocking active and preventing Executing correctly could also be why it had wrong icons as well.
    As the above picture shows.

He mentioned early-er that by adding file type associations in windows media player that the icons became vbs.

I believe in actuality that wasn't the case it was just the system refreshing after he reasochiated all window media player files to windows media player
    and did not notice the vbs icons prior to something he must had done early-er.

I believe indeed what he did was evidently Associate the .ss3 files directly with SS3Editor

As you can very well see in the picture below
    [​IMG]

In windows me when you right click on a file or icon and you do what is called a properties check
    You will see at the top to-wards the upper right the change option.

This is dangerous as by default when you click on this a new box will open with a list of several programs.
    to-wards the bottom of the newly open box you will see an option check mark filled box that says open program always with this file.

So from now on when he lets say clicks on Blaze.SS3 file Tds SS3 Editor will automatically be called directly because Mr.Blaze has associated all .SS3 directly to SS3Editor
    and that may be why all files have VBS Icons.

Solutions

1. Find a way to unassociated the .SS3 from SS3Editor

2. Or wipe your hard drive and start over al-gain

3. Reinstall a program that use .SS3 files and can read them that will associate the file back to the proper settings
    by default including registry changes and associations.

4. Have some one guide you threw folder options under tab files types look for .SS3 file and see if you can have them help you change it to its correct file type association or if it safe to delete it
    and restart.

I personally do not know how

For those curious on what not to do like Mr.Blaze i have added a picture Not Good do not ever do this it can screw up your pc.

Which brings me to my other point do not let Newbies Drink and use computers while attempting to fix pc problems
    Drinking and pc fixing don't mix.

So if you see your Friend drunk as a skunk on the pc and he looks like he has had to much pleas take alway his keyboard and put him to bed.

In the end you can save Pc's

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.