TDS Scan Exclusion

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by beetlejuice, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

o_O This is really no big deal but the Scan Exclusion list on my TDS isn't excluding. All items on the list are still scanned and reported as alarms. One of the items is tds3.2.1.exe. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, what's the fix? Have tried a new install to no avail.
    OS Windows98SE
    Pentium III 450mhz
    Western Digital Ultra ATA 45 gig HD
    384Mb ram
    Thanks Steve

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

I have tested this here and found no problems. Please make sure you are excluding folders correctly.

How are you scanning -

From a scan list ?
    From Scan Control > Disk/File scan.. browse ?
    From the right click menu ?

3. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hi Gavin. Thanks for the quick responce. From the main TDS window I set my exclusions fron Scan Control\Scan Exclusions and set the paths according to what TDS indicated after running my first scan. I run scans from System Testing\Full System\Normal Scan\Quick Scan. Everything I have excluded is folders but the folders and sub-folders that I wish to exclude are still scanned. These folders contain Gator\GAIN software, but I use a password saver in this program. I have prevented it from communicating to its host using ZA. Could I have gotton a bad download\install? Would you recommend reinstalling? Thank You Steve

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi again,

Perhaps reinstalling would help, but I doubt it. Assuming you have the exclusions set correctly, can you try scanning in a different way rather than using a scan list - to test if the list is the problem ?

Try right clicking any folder that is excluded, and TDS should skip right over the folder and not scan anything reporting scanned 0 files. After doing so, please email support@diamondcs.com.au and we will look more closely at the results - please include what scan result you get, a scandump.txt would be useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.