TDS purchase payment options

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TDS-2 customer, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why aren't there more alternative options to purchase TDS by means other than credit card? The only other option available to be at this time is an international wire transfer from my bank. My bank charge for this transfer is $40, which is almost as much as the purchase price of the product.

The alternative payment options you have posted were not possible for one reason or another. The local rep for one of the companies you have listed stated they did not even list Austraila as a payment destnation.

I was a TDS-2 customer when payment by international postal money order was still accepted. When you discontinued this option I was unable to renew my license. I would still be a customer today, and would still like to be, if this payment option was still possible.

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/shop.php
    Seven purchase options are available --
    Credit Card - Internet
    Credit Card - Postal Mail or Facsimile
    PayPal - Internet
    Cheque - Online Direct Debit (US Customers)
    Cheque - HSBC, MoneyGram, and Australian
    Wire Transfer (bank to bank)
    Australia Post Money Order (Australian customers)

Best regards,
    Wayne

3. Thanks for the reply, but it's the same one I got from your tech support and sales dept and does not help me in any way. I was already aware of the link you provided.

Credit Card - Internet = I don't use credit cards.

Credit Card - Postal Mail or Facsimile = see above.

PayPal - Internet = I am not comfortable with the transfer of financial data over the internet.

Cheque - Online Direct Debit (US Customers) = see above.

Cheque - HSBC, MoneyGram, and Australian = There is a local rep for HSBC that states Australia is not listed as a payment destination. I cannot send payment where they don't have listed as a destination.

Australia Post Money Order (Australian customers)m = I do not live in Australia.

Wire Transfer (bank to bank) = This is the only option presently open to me. The bank fee for an international wire transfer is $40 US making the total purchase price of a one user license $89 US. As much a I liked using TDS, I'm not willing to pay $89 for a license.

This has been a very discouraging experience for me and leads me to believe you are more interested in the bottom line than customer support.

Thank you again for your reply. I will not bother you or your staff with the issue again.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

ouch thats expensive

5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

We offer more payment methods than any other anti-trojan program and are the only anti-trojan with full-time customer support and two forums, so I assure you we are not "more interested in the bottom line than customer support".

Yours is the first notice we've had from anybody saying they couldn't purchase TDS so the options we currently offer seems to be fine for at least 99.9% of our customers. Most software companies only offer their software via credit card transactions though, so how do you manage in those cases? And why do you not trust credit cards on the Internet? Hackers etc have given credit cards a bad name, but this is unjust - transactions are extremely secure, there has never been a single credit-card SSL transaction in history that has been hijacked, and I frequently use my credit card online without a worry as to the security of the transaction as I'm well aware of the architecture and algorithms behind SSL. Without a credit card there'd be a lot of software, books and services I wouldn't have been able to purchase, and these days my credit card is a vital addition to my Internet toolkit. If you can't purchase through one of our seven methods, you'll also have a lot of trouble purchasing from pretty much any other site you purchase software from, so you're not making your Internet life very easy on yourself!

At $40 a pop I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to do a bank transfer, but in regards to HSBC, we receive several HSBC cheques each month so I'm not sure why your local HSBC outlet didn't have the Melbourne/Australia branch listed. If you can't use any of those seven methods, what method could you use?

Best regards,
    Wayne

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sending cash, even though not allowed and taking the risk of losing it?

Internationally the checks and money orders are not cheap; i ever cancelled an order as only m.o. was the only option of payment; sending it secured would have been about the same extra amount so i let it. PP is a nice extra thing these days for smaller amounts.

Using CC myself too.
    One case ever went wrong not due to stealing via third persons but other reasons why i wanted the money back and my CC company immediately arranged that with one phone call and a fax withing several minutes for confirmation (they my signature and i their reply) and all was back.
    The only thing required is to look at the bank papers for where the money went to and who took what from the CC.
    Think you've about 30 days or more to complain for wrong transactions so that should be enough.
    It really opened my possibilities for international transactions too, most software in my case.

7. The decision not to use credit cards or make online purchases is mine to make. As for not making internet life very easy on myself by not doing so, I don't surf with Java, ActiveX, or Scripting enabled either which in most peoples opinion makes for a "less than enjoyable online experience". As far as SSL transactions being secure, Opera and MS recently patches holes that enabled a man-in-the-middle SSL exploit in their browsers but I'm sure you're aware of this.

I paid my license fee by international postal money order when I used TDS-2. When you discontinued this as an accepted method of payment I was not able to renew my license. I know for a fact that at least one other person in the newgroup where I learned about TDS also paid by this method and was unable to renew their license.

Mine quite possibly might be the first notice you've had about someone not being able to purchase TDS, but this isn't the first time I've raised the issue. I mailed your tech support rep, your sales dept, and have now posted messages about it on this board. Each time I was referred to the same page you provided a link to. When I mailed your sales dept. to inform them of the high fee for the wire transferr and that I would like the option to pay by M.O I never recieved an answer. I doubt most people would have went to this much trouble.

I bought my AV program retail and my firewall by M.O. As for other trojan detector companies only accepting payment via credit card, one leading company accepts payment by M.O. but I will not mention a competitors product in your forum.

If you think 99.9% of the people who want to be able to purchase TDS are able to so so then don't worry about the small percentage of potential customers it appears I represent as it wouldn't have much of an effect on your bottom line anyway.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The international money orders seem internationally to be replaced with the other means, which was not the decicion of receivers but from the banks and which are really costly as you wrote yourself. Maybe your bank or post office has more creativity, but don't tell them your envelope contains cash.
    Still is the comment on possible SSL holes that for that the CC company is responsible and should repay illigal drawings immediately and you can mail/fax/ encrypted email / the CC number or bring the money in other ways.

There was one more extra layer of CC security where you subscribe yourself and not your CC number but your password with them is filled in, somebody wrote here in another thread, did not really investigate myself what and how that is, because of my good results with the CC company.

You must have felt rather bad almost two years without TDS.

9. "The international money orders seem internationally to be replaced with the other means, which was not the decicion of receivers but from the banks and which are really costly as you wrote yourself."

Will you please cut and paste where I said I complained about International Postal Money Orders being too costly or where I made any mention of paying by cash? I was taking about a wire transfer from my bank to yours. I paid for my firewall with an International Postal Money Order and their bank didn't have a problem processing it.

"Still is the comment on possible SSL holes that for that the CC company is responsible and should repay illigal drawings immediately and you can mail/fax/ encrypted email / the CC number or bring the money in other ways.

There was one more extra layer of CC security where you subscribe yourself and not your CC number but your password with them is filled in, somebody wrote here in another thread, did not really investigate myself what and how that is, because of my good results with the CC company."

Didn't I made myself clear in my previous posts? I don't use credit cards period. Not just for online purchases but at all.

"You must have felt rather bad almost two years without TDS."

I like the one I'm using now just fine and won't miss TDS at all...especially after this. I'll be sending a Money Order to purchase it as soon as the Post Office opens.

10. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

added on Jooke's request:

"Some googling around learned the International Postal Money Orders are not accepted in Australia and several other countries. So this superior force and no decission of the developers who try to make payment options by all means as comfortable as possible for their customers.
    I hope for your understanding."

All has been said here, and fail to see any useful addition coming up.

Thread closed - DCS surely has the possibility to re-open it if they feel the need to do so.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.