tds newb question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Bethrezen, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi all

I noticed a suspect file on my computer called start.exe so I googled it and it appears to be adware/spyware related so to be sure I don't have anything else hiding on my system that shouldn't be there I'm running a battery of test starting with adware and spybot but to be sure I don't have any Trojan files I've downloaded and updated a trial copy of tds

but as we all know tds is an extremely powerful tool and i need to know how to use it correctly to ensure it doesn't miss anything and I was wondering if someone could direct me to some comprehensive easy to understand instructions

also in the future would it be possible to create a lite version of tds ? because I'm finding all of TDSs options to be a little overwhelming and I would very much appreciate a simpler version

what I mean by this is a version that doesn't come with all of the other tools just the scanner and the background monitor plus any plug-ins that enhance these functions

that way you would get all the protection of the suite but in a simpler more user friendly package

Last edited: Jun 18, 2005
  2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

3. dog

dog Guest

4. puff-m-d

5. hi

thanks for ya replys most helpful

6. puff-m-d

You are most welcome. Feel free to ask any questions that the "Basic configuration of TDS-3" guide may bring up ;) ...

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Ah Bethrezen, welcome!
    Of course TDS is extremely simple and oh so powerfull; you must have seen Wayne's thread about it :cool: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=12743
    It's just close all scanners, install TDS, reboot, get the latest radius update from the site and just put it in the TDS directory, start TDS and let it do it's initial scans, now while making ready for the first deep scanning look at the settings in the scan control -- check all the options on both tabs and worm slider to highest sensitivity, save, in the TDS > Edit Config ..> Scans > Full system scan.txt , you might like to drag it beside that scan control list and see to have it fitting your own situation, save when satisfied and close that txt thing again.
    Now close all scanners and their resident protection, unnecessary applications to give TDS all space (it's working multithreaded to speed up the process so the more space you give it the faster) -- press the full system scan option, sit back with your coffee and let TDS do it's full system scan.
    In the end in the bottom alerts window rightclick on one of the alerts and choose save to text, your scandump.txt will be available for checking, posting, you can check the alerts, you can submit suspicious files to TDS --although you might prefer to search for them on your system and attach them zipped to an email-- you can delete them if you're sure you can miss them, etc.

The basics between all the scans are the same as they have a fully updated TDS and the quick scan is quick, to name one.
    But they don't ask anything from you, just click the menu scan option you want.

Keep us informed how it's all going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.