TDS CHANGE IN REGYSTRY

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

a change in regystry has been detected ect ect  something to view it i view it and theres a list of regystry entrys what  do i do?

delet all the keys that are able to be deleted  i cant relly see which ones are the keys its talking about.

i only know certin keys say that they are deletiable why others dont give that option.

am i supose to delet them all what gives?

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

i dont understand thers no trojans viruse or worms  and everything is working fine on my computer yet i get that message when i run tds every time a change has been detected in regystry

3. linney

linney Registered Member

I must qualify this by stating I am no expert on TDS-3.  Wait for expert advice (Don't delete anything).  It is telling you that a program (probably) has been loaded and changed something in the Autostarts part of the Registry.  Any program that you install and tell to run at start up will trigger this warning.

I understand that the soon to be released update (TDS-4) will highlight the actual change in the Registry.

In the meantime if you can get a printout of keys monitored by TDS-3 you can visually check for changes as they occur.

4. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I have experienced this as well. Not lately but i have seen it happen. I can't recall the solution, I will search the private forum for this issue, I believe it was discussed there.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

There can be a bug in Windows 98 reporting a change here that doesn't exist - we would recommend you try to keep an eye on what actually is in the Autostart registry, after a while you will know what is there.

Use RegistryProt 2.0 free from www.diamondcs.com.au to alert you in real time when changes occur, TDS-4 will have changes in this area, exactly what we will be doing is undecided as yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.