TDS back up

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:cool:ok me going to format my pc in near future want to know if i can back up my tds anti trojan definitions you know the latest update

also could you tell me how to install those manuealy so when my pc up in runing on a clean install all i have to do is drop the file in tds and im all set and done?

i backed up all my security apps on disk with there updates like nav but tds dont have manual updates or smart updates just ones you get online right?

so is it posiable to back up the update and drop it in manuealy?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Blaze,

Backup the radius.td3 file and the update.cfg file from the TDS-3 folder, so you don't have to get new ones agfter installing.
    And don't forget the keyfile. :D

Regards,

Pieter

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

Off topic:
    Like Pieter wrote about your keyfile of TDS-3:
    Don't forget to save your registration-emails, which you got for your programs, in a safe place and/or print them out.

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Put your registration emails ( and the keys themselves) on a floppy - I don't know about you, but for me, typing out an incredibly long "key" correctly is well-nigh impossible and quite capable of raising your blood pressure into the stratosphere. Pete

5. Mr.Blaze

:Dthank you guys for such a fast speedy response i really apreaciate it :D awsome and painless to

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Blaze,

In case you use the CRC32-feature in TDS-3, you could also back-up your file crcfiles.txt
    You can find it here:
    C:\your TDS directory\Config\crcfiles.txt
    If there are only a few files in your crcfiles.txt it is maybe not so needed, but if you have put a lot of them into it then it might be easier when you have it saved.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Why reformat in the first place: are you making room for the tds-4 family to come?
    :)

8. Mr.Blaze

:Dthx for pointing that out budy yeah :D

yup joosky see now that im an experince newby moved from my white belt to my orange belt i know what mistakes i made lol

a install microsoft spyware with out reading that small print that says cant uninstalll liike media player 9 lol

and a few other nastys

and most of all starting fresh with all security software completly up to date from the get go

this means peace of mind

also i can now look at the regstry and learn every key every nasty reystry and every dll that software put in my pc

so when i go to uninstall i can track it all dowen even the stuff it leaves behind and wipe it out of exsitence mawhaaaaaaa

blaze got orange belt in newb now he he

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.