TDS Autostart Explorer

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by cy4lock, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cy4lock

cy4lock Registered Member

Deep in the Heart of the State of the Art. Dallas
    First off I'd like to say I like how TDS lets me know I have changes in my autostart registry settings.

Here's the deal, I hit Cntl-A to see what has been changed and ASE shows me the registry settings. I look them over but can't tell what has changed. Oh No, it looks like 4 or 5 changes have been made since I last restarted TDS and got the alert! I only see these types of alerts when I restart TDS as I don't do a trace scan very often.

But when these things do get changed on my system and I want to figure out what's going on I am left wanting with TDS3.

I'd like to see the changes highlighted, in red, from the last time I viewed the registry from with-in ASExplorer.

Maybe this can be added in TDS4?

In TDS3 ASE when I right click I get: Delete Key

This is Great! I can rid myself of a bad key or a naughtly program.

I would however like to see the right click menu expaned to include other options to help me in my AutoStart Registry Settings.

How about:

Delete Key
    Show Changes
    Show Change Log
    Disable Key
    Enable Key

Show Changes: Maybe it could compare the current registry screen with the last one viewed and highlight the changes.

Show Change Log: Maybe this could have all the dates, times, programs that made the changes and there location - local, network, web app. - This would be nice if it had a cronilogical listing of all changes from most recent to when TDS was installed.

Disable Key: Maybe this one could just disable the key or remove it so that it can be enabled if so desired.

Enable Key: Put the disabled key right back where it was.

I wonder if TDS4 may be able to muscle up to this task?

cy4lock

:eek:

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

It's a subject high on the wishlist for TDS4 so we might expect a nice solution for that.
    our menu sounds also very interesting, waiting for the developers comments!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.