tds and auto start registry

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by the mul, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

After tds has stopped its start up scan; i have noticed a line half way down saying tds has detected a change in the auto start registery is this worth further investigation or is it ok.
    the only thing i have downloaded was aol 9 on the 4 sept then the message appeared i have uninstalled aol 9 as it is only beta.

the mul

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

A registry change note is always worth deeper investigation and if you know what you did it shouldn't be really alarming.
    For instance:
    if you have the quicktime player, it adds itself each time again to the autostart. remove it, see next time TDS alerting for a change. Use QT another time, TDS will alert for the change as it added itself, etc, so there are more possible changes.

So you install AOL, it might even add a registry key "run once" which disappears after reboot, you'll see the TDS autoregistry change for adding and the other time disappearing/changing that key.

So always look what it could have been. With that AOL9 can imagine and you can easily check by installing it again and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.