TDS-4

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by FarCry, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAS

JAS Registered Member

Got it!, Ok all I had to do was dl the the older WIN32 cabinet file and install it. It seems the new voice recognition is still there also. This fixed the TDS-3 greetings and still enabled me to use the new. Thanks, JAS

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Great Jas!
    Thank you so much for telling, so we can instruct other people too.
    Different from before MS seems to have changed something in the SAPI 5 software so it can now co-exist on a system. So now your greetings and scripts will function! Wonderful!
    The older WIN32 cab, is that the runtime part mentioned on the MS page?

3. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Will licensed TDS-3 users get e-mail notification when version 4 becomes available?  Wormguard, too?

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Just to clarify a few queries regarding TDS4 :) ...

Q. When will it be ready?
    A. When we've finished putting it all together!

Q. How much will it cost to upgrade from TDS3 to TDS4?
    A. Nothing - if you have a legal TDS3 license you'll be able to send it to us to exchange for a TDS4 Professional license.

Q. Will I be notified by email when TDS4 is released?
    A. Only if you're on the DiamondCS mailing list - the link is available from http://www.diamondcs.com.au

Q. Will TDS4 support XP?
    A. Of course! Actually, TDS3 is mostly compatible with XP already, there are just a couple of issues (mostly relating to execution protection and speech synthesis) that some people experience with XP, but many other XP users report no problems.

Best regards,
    Wayne

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks Wayne for the clarifications.
    Looking patiently forward to all that.

The speech synthesis is in most cases rather easy solved if people look for those parts in this same thread.
    The XP users will need to download parts of the SAPI 4 engine, the runtimes might do, which are on the URLs above in this thread. It's necessary beside the SAPI 5 which came with XP.
    Further they'll have to make sure their XP is not in listening mode all time.
    After that i did not hear from any XP user not being able to have TDS speaking or other speech functions relating to the MSAgents technology.
    They can try the little script for TDS i posted in the other thread TDS sound, to test if all works fine, using the basic TTS engine TDS is using too.
    http://www.security-pro.co.uk/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dcstds;action=display;num=1016478018

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I greatly look forward to the new release (especially the full execution protection support on Windows XP!).

I wish you much luck on getting the release bug-tested and out the door as soon as possible. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.