Tds 4 i wonder?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol i just notice big g and mr.w an the j man ain't around as much except the occasional update notice

i wonder if there working out the final bugs in a soon to be released program because every time those 3 disappear for this long theres a new release of something lol I'm hopeing it tds 4 lol

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

No they make us very unhappy at the moment for not having an Win2000/NT or XP system to use those wonderful ingenious internet breaking new tools, and all free!
    But those new technologies and testing them are necessary parts to know it's all working properly for implementation of those technologies into the family 4 series, among others.
    Yeah, and you know, people don't like going to walmart and such as they might have liked before so now they just donated a whole shipload of irons to iron out all those parts, but you know what? DCS doesn't use any unknown and artificial parts and only recycled electrons of real good origins so all those irons are sent back to around yet another corner so with that pile of unused irons cleared up we see another free tool for something good in the meantime.
    Anyway behind the another corner --mind: not any other corner! but THE corner-- there goes it all on and on and bigger and better and ever more astonishing . - . - . - you know, for a family of products to leave the whole internet community in aaaahhhwwwee one really has to come from a very good family and the DCS is so by the time you unraffled this explanation we are a few miles closer to THE corner -- now the new art of getting around it and meet the family! which will take another few steps!
    Right? Nice to see you Blaze, hadn't seen you quite a while, thought you were around another corner!

3. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Blaze,
    Things have been relatively quiet on the trojan front (rare, but much appreciated here), so naturally we've taken advantage of this to nail down into some heavy R&D, and it has been very fruitful - for example just last week our reverse engineering efforts inside kernel32 lead to the discovery of a technique (completely undocumented) that allows us to enumerate the commandline parameters in other processes, so we created a freeware tool out of that so that everyone can benefit from it. To my knowledge there's only one other program with this capability - Sysinternals' Process Explorer. We've also made many advances with TDS4 and Wormguard4, the latter of which will be released first, but I can't elaborate any more at this stage.

Regards,
    Wayne

4. Mr.Blaze

Whoa thats major hard core stuff

especially the kernel32 thing i mean thats like a major big deal right?

i duno but my instincts tell me thats like some major big news in the pc security stuff which like whoa

for those clueless it could be compared as like area 51 or the Pentagon giving access to its secret files to the general public that kinda major news lol

anything to do with kernel32 is major right?

i knew you guys had to been up to something really major

maybe tds 4 shouldn't come out just yet until you put the unraveling of kernel32 into tds 4 in some major security way lol i don't know much but I'm guessing implementing this information for tds 4 could knock all competition on its a$$

i just hope one day i live to see your company developer an antviruse software that would be awesome by by norton lol

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

DCS ever told they keep concentrating on trojans and worms in the first place.

Area 51 is in no way comparable with DCS and certainly not without the extra security DCS could offer there.

The tool Wayne just mentioned is for the win2000/nt/xp users, so this is what i ment above, to enjoy it all we need to upgrade our systems.

6. Mr.Blaze

:D no way all those other o.s. suck there cd's are only good for beer coasters win me and 98 till the day they pryie my hard drive frome my dead cold hand lol

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Make it double boot then or have another one connected as a network.

8. Snook

Snook Registered Member

...sooooooo, when's TDS-4 comming out? :D

We llamas wanna know! :D

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hello Snoook, No date as yet, what we do know is that Worm Guard 4 will be released before TDS4

10. Snook

Snook Registered Member

Ok, that'll keep me at-graze for a while... :D

Thanx, (...trotts away making llama sounds...) :rolleyes:

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

As long as it's not the llama spitting sound :)
    But like said with all the recent free tools new technologies are tested and released for the benefit of the family 4 and we have opportunities to speak out our wished and ideas of which some might be implementated in the many already build in or planned.
    So keep enjoying yourself with the nice tools we have including the whole free tools area.

12. I'm going to try to be funny about this, this post is meant in humor.. bu I couldn't resist...

By the time you folks come out with TDS-4... XP will be outdated and Windows "Longhorn" will come out, prompting another reason to update your products LOL... :D :rolleyes: :'(

13. Mr.Blaze

nope longh horn aint due till middle of next year

there adding more security and there owen firewall and antiviruse hardware or something strange to add more security they said they dont want a repeat of xp

that there focusing on security in this new os that there saying isnt an os

its something new

basicly there trying to muscle in on security like antiviruse firewall and hardware security not compadiable with other vedores software

also there not calling long horn an os i think to avoid something cant remember what some anti trust thing?

i dont know all the stuff but beta software of long horn is flying all over the net its crazy

14. wizardavc

wizardavc Registered Member

From what is being reported Windows Longhorn won't be out till 2005.

http://www.winsupersite.com/FAQ/longhorn.asp

15. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Timely enough to keep up wint TDS5 families :)

16. Mr.Blaze

:D lol i doubt that i keep seeing new builds of it spreading over half the net now

i belive midle or towards the end of 2004

there trying to work out a slow ram hog problem

the latest build wont run fast enough it was a huge resource hog

some one reported that 2 . something ghz and 500 mb ram that it was at a crawel runing so slow and it was a huge resource hog

17. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Blaze, i'm very sure you're not speaking about TDS here.

18. Mr.Blaze

:D ll lmao no i was talking about long horn lol new so called not an os from microsoft due middle of 2004 or ending of 2004

19. Mr.Blaze

;) im takeing it your beta tester for new tds 4 because you seem to jump on that very fast

ill have my eye out on you gathering info on your posts learning about new tds 4 lol

every where you go il be waithing for tid bits of info you let slip out he he he ;)

20. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Better look for Wayne and team, they're the first to know and tell.

For longhorn, you don't run XP yet, i just read yesterday in a magazine it's easy to configure XP to have the layout and functionality of Longhorn as it would not add really very much to the current XP. Did not read the details yet.

21. Mr.Blaze

:D relly i didnt see that

could be why the guy was haveing so many problems with it

nope ill never upgrade to xp or long horn

i was ruined ill never be able to enjoy those because i know the truth about them i wish i was ignorent because ignorence is bliss

22. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

:D Blazey, If you want a worth while upgrade to ME. W2K is an excellent replacement, all the stability of XP (NT) without the extra baggage.

23. Mr.Blaze

:cool:stability of xp lol that dont sondto good my dad got xp it has twice the stuff phoneing home lol if anything i like to dowengrade to windows 98

i hear it was the most stable

24. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You can gut all the "phone homes" in XP, also with a firewall you should limit the possiblity even more. IMO XP is the best Windows OS going around at the moment, it can be made to use as much resources as 2K but it is faster and better suited to newer hardware. I havn't noticed much difference in stability between XP and 2K they are both very good, and when compared to any Windows 9x version, there is no comparison.

-Jason-

25. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Blazey, Compared with XP / W2K (NT) all previous W9* versions are flakey - I dual boot XP and W2K on this PC and run XP on my laptop & other PC.

To control all of the XP phone homes you can use XP-Antispy.

Many ppl that do lots of programme testing etc.have stated that the only way to have a stable W98 is to reformat & re-install every 6 months to a year as it is the only way to remove all the accrued garbage :D

If I remember rightly you recently went though that very process ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.