TDS-3 Update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TAG97, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Tried updating today and received message:"Database already up-to-date-transfer aborted". None of my numbers match Gavin's recent Update post. Anybody else having this problem? o_O :'( Will update Manually.
    Regards
    Tim

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Tim - I'm having fits with my cable-modem service today, but I did just now manage to get the update via the program. HTH Pete

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Working fine this evening for me:

Hope you get it OK now

21:16:35 [Radius] • Systems Initialised [16012 references - 5066 primaries/3647 traces/7299 variants/other]
    21:16:35 [Radius] Radius Systems loaded. <Databases updated 07-08-2002>
    21:16:35 [Radius Update] Update complete.

4. jmn1207

jmn1207 Registered Member

That update sure didn't last long. :)

16:23:48 [Init] • Systems Initialised [16041 references - 5070 primaries/3650 traces/7321 variants/other]
    16:23:48 [Init] Radius Systems loaded. <Databases updated 07-08-2002>

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yep, coming thick & fast! Schools out for Summer & all the "clever" kiddies are bored ;)

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

..and DEFCON is over by now as well ;)

regards.

paul

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

i just did an update before reading FJan's thread on TDS configuration...then came here and read the updates...did another one, and it updated, but it's not the same as jmn1207's is.

i got this:
    20:32:41 [Init] • Systems Initialised [16012 references - 5066 primaries/3647 traces/7299 variants/other]
    20:32:41 [Init] Radius Systems loaded. <Databases updated 07-08-2002>

it's 8:39pm here in Southern, Ontario, Cda.

i think i'm missing a few primaries, traces and variants/others.

---------
    maybe it's the time zone, i'll wait until later and try it again :)

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Moment of updating the download servers. I don't know what is your order of the update.cfg, where you got it, so you can try any of them from that list, to see that you get the right one or from the web site.
    Another thing is, for an update from the console we are limited to once a day, so that could be one reason to get the message "up to date", and a manual from the site will help in this situation.
    If it did download and gave you a wrong number it could be the first possibility i wrote here.

9. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

Well the Updating gets more interesting. Today after mamually updating yesterday I started out 16041 references-5070 primaries/3650 traces/7321variants. This matches Gavin's figures for yesterday. Today after update=16012 references-5066 primaries/3647 traces/7299 variants o_O

;Radius.TD3 Database Update Sites. Please email support@diamondcs.com.au if you want to host Radius.TD3 to the public
    http://216.118.111.212/radius.td3
    http://216.118.111.213/radius.td3
    ftp://ftp.morelerbe.com/tds/radius.td3
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3
    http://tdsftp.hostingbox.com/radius.td3
    I'll update manually again today. I suggest everyone to keep an eye on there Database.
    Regards
    Tim

10. TAG97

TAG97 Registered Member

I guess that first address is giving the wrong update. I just got the correct update from the second. All is well. I'll change the lineup. Hmmm was it the second one or third that I used o_O. Oh well carry on ;)

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes, it seems only the ftp site is giving the right amount. Maybe they're doing some maintenance on the main systems.
    Thanks for the tip! 16,062 refs now.

12. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I keep receiving a 'socket error' message now on one of them - and it appears to be screwing things up for the rest of them, since the radius update just hangs after that.

Anyone else seeing that? Pete

"Downloaded file was corrupt" is the message that shows up in the TDS main screen. Have to manually kill the radius update window when it freezes.

13. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Please ensure that you're always using the latest update file - http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/update.cfg :)
    It's midnight here in Perth but Gavin and myself are looking around the servers to see what the problem might be, but don't worry if you don't have todays update as no trojans were added that would be considered a risk, so you're just as secure with yesterdays database. However, todays update can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.morelerbe.com/radius.td3 if you're that worried! :)

Best regards,
    Wayne

14. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

It was 'socket closed'.

But changing to the latest update file seems to have solved the problem (I got the update) - but the window doesn't want to close by itself now. Pete

You know, normally the TDS main screen will tell you when an update aborts. It's not anymore.

15. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the problems, servers that were down earlier tonight have appeared again at a rather bad time, and one which did upload fine now 404's. We are correcting this and you should all be good to go again without inconvenience shortly :)

ftp://ftp.morelerbe.com/tds/radius.td3 and the manual update should also always point at a good file if you are ever having problems.

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

2 engineers on standby or fall down now? Time to sleep for you guys.
    The manual on the tds site is the 404 one, all the others except the morelerbe are the day before yesterday updates of 16012 (yesterday was 16042) .
    You know best how to get those machines giving the latest out in stead of keeping it all to themselves.
    We'll survive those few hours, promissed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.