TDS-3 Uninstall

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Old Timer, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Timer

Old Timer Guest

o_OTried uninstalling TDS and it left a command I can't get rid of. When I right click on a folder the command to scan with TDS is still there. I followed the uninstall both ways like it said in the help file but no luck. Is it possable to get rid of this cammand in my right clicking on a folder?? I checked the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" like it said but nothing is there. I am running Windows XP if this is any help.
    Thnaks...

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Don't you see nowhere any Diamonds Computer Systems in the registry or TDS-3?
    Lines like
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Scan with TDS-3\command]
    @="C:\\TDS3\\tds-3.exe -scand %1"
    where c:\Tds-3 has your full path name to it
    where directory might be file, folder, not sure where all the file extention types are exactly...
    Thought with an uninstall those lines would disappear as well.
    Are you intending a clean re-install?

3. Old Timer

Old Timer Guest

I tried reinstalling 3 times and running uninstall as well as Regcleaner but its still there. I'll look at what you suggested and let you know what I find..

4. Old Timer

Old Timer Guest

:D I looked as you suggested and it was there, after deleting it i tried the right click again and ( IT IS GONE!!) No more scan with TDS-3 in my right clicking on a folder. I want to thank you, now I have learned someting today and can go back to bed or out go out on the back stoop and have a Moosehead...
    Thanks for the help!!

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome Old Timer! Have fun in the meantime.
    Maybe you like to give TDS another real try?
    Other people did all to get the right-click scanning IN :)
    Together with the whole TDS of course (which installation in most cases goes smooth, some XP Pro users seem to have problems sometimes, which is worked on very hard).

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Guest

No i think I will stick with the uncomplated one like install it and forget it. Thats my speed anyhow. I dont like programs that have toooooo much of a learning curve! The mind dos'ent work too well when you get my ageo_O?What was I sayingo_O

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Huemmm even i learn each day again, because i take my time, just lots of patience and helping others who ask where i have possible answers.
    Looking back in the forums i can see my understanding of the stuff has grown. And now we are close to a new release of which i only know it will be very different, so certainly worth a second view once it's beta tested and released.
    I cant forget any of the security tools: there are log files to be checked.
    The only one i forget is WormGuard, running completely in the background.
    TDS has the exec protection, which will automaticly block unsecure executables (in the registered version)
    so i don't have to look much at that part, the Full Sysem Scan i initiate manually after an update, and further i love the tools for further investigation and not to forget the scripting part.
    At the moment playing around with the msagents to learn some techniques to include in scripting, which might serve in near future for the more serious stuff.
    So depending of your needs you can forget TDS (it even has an automated update once a week if you don't want to do it manually) as it runs by itself, or you can change it into your central security task manager and if you like enjoyment center.
    I like it central on my system, as it's among the best security tools for my system protection.
    But that's my story.
    XP Pro users can have some problems with the actual version, other people with the same XP Pro can run fine and why?? I only know it has full attention and there is worked on, so we might suppose that part is ok soon too. Lots to look forward to!

8. Time Out

Time Out Guest

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks for telling :) and posting the link on both forums.
    The funny part here is we had enough tried to get the right click scanning in, people even wrote a nice SS3 script for adding that function before it was completely for all windows versions in the last update, and now people want it out, no need to write a SS3 script for that as those only run from an installed TDS :) But it could be in the uninstall function. Very seldom people like to be without TDS for security and functionallity.
    Looking forward to the TDS-4, expecting lots of new features in that. Complete with right-click scanning:D

10. controler

controler Guest

:D

Below are MUST have programs for the serious registry cleaning buff.
    In Regcrawler to find associated entries to software you THOUGHT you removed, just do a search of the mane of that software in the search window. This program is SO cool ;)
    Regcleaner has options you need that are not included in Regcrawler.

http://www.jv16.org/

http://www.4dev.com/

Further reading for Regcrawler
    http://www.dcsoft.com/products/regeditx/clone.htm

And a link worth viewing just for kicks
    of course

http://www.privacybird.com/

11. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Old Timer,

We regret if the current TDS solution is a little overwhelming for you, rest assured we are taking steps right now to produce the solution you need :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.