TDS-3 trouble

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by OUTLAW52, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OUTLAW52

OUTLAW52 Registered Member

Hello:

I have my icon on desktop, I click it, the hour-glass comes on and it stops. It won't load the software. I have tried to uninstall and try again, it wont work. Please advise.

Regards,

Michael

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

You must have an outdated OCX file, possibly in the SYSTEM (or SYSTEM32) folder which TDS needs. An older software could have installed this.

To fix it, first see this page

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

Try the SP5 update, and if you can see any of the OCX type files are outdated, update them. If you cant tell, post your version numbers here for those 4 OCX files :)

3. OUTLAW52

Hello, Gavin:

This isn't working out. I have tried to un-install the licenced copy and start over and it won't work. It tells me its an evaluation copy and when I try to load it I get nothing on the screen.

I have a working Windows XPHome Edition. Everything is just fine and this was working great till I hit the icon and nothing loads onto the screen.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do you have somewhere the original unharmed keyfile to copy in after the install? (spoken about evaluation)
    Or you could send your copy of the keyfile to the TDS support to see if it is not damaged.

If all the other system files are ok and all worked just a short while ago...... maybe with reinstalling some software files were overwritten.

5. OUTLAW52

Hello, Joske:

I got a friend who suggested a virus or some such problem. I re-formatted the harddrive and reinstalled Windows XP Home.

I was able to download and get a copy of TDS-3 to work from the desktop.

So far so good. What I did have to do is download new copies of Port Explorer and TDS-3, both of which I have purchased, but they are evaluation copies.

Please advise on how to get licence information to raise my status back to registered operator.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Michael

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

If you have the trial version of Port Explorer uninstall it, reboot, BEFORE you install the full version.

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=members

Your registered email has a clickable link which fills in your email. Then just enter your password or the code we set and you can download.

We hope the new members area will be fully completed soon :) You can expect updates and useful things in there soon.

7. Gavin - DiamondCS

THEN

TDS you only need to add your keyfile TDS3.KF from your TDS registration email (TDS Reg). Save TDS3.KF to C:\TDS3 or Program Files\TDS3 if thats where you left it, and it will become registered.

And for Port Explorer the rest of the instructions if you need them are in the email, unzip the PORT.PKF into the Port Explorer folder so it can find its keyfile too :D

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Now you know next time you don't reformat but first ask expert help here, and provide us with a hijackthis log or asviewer log (see the expert forums a little below the DCS on the main page).
    You are using XP so you could try to go back to a former system restore point in stead of reformatting etc.

9. OUTLAW52

Hello,

I had deleted my registration emails early on before this happened. I have emailed support for new TDS-3 keyfile.

Thank you for your help.

Michael

10. OUTLAW52

Gentlemen:

Disregard any further help with my issues. I have not received anything regarding my request for a new key to open my Port Explorer and TDS-3. I am removing them and requesting a refund through customer service. It shouldn't take this long to get help.

Thank you.

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

OUTLAW,

I'm sorry to hear you are going to request a refund - that's up to DCS and your person.

That said, your latest post doe strike me as somewhat unreasonable:

• you have deleted the emails concerning the reg keys etc. instead of keeping them and saving the key files in a safe place (floppy disk for example);
    • not receiving "help" within 24 hours during the weekendis by no means bad customer help IMO

No doubt it's up to you to remove the software. Waiting until upcoming Monday for the help asked would be the most appropriate thing to do IMO, taking the above mentioned into account.

regards.

paul

12. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

DiamondCS are in business Monday-Friday 8:00 - 21:00 PerthTime.
    Dolf

13. OUTLAW52

Gentlemen:

I blew my cool on this one and owe all of you an apology. I want this software, Port Explorer and TDS-3 up and running because I have security concerns as my safe-streets-for-all-kids site has been threated by a hacker.

My confidence in your products is high as it is with several prominent IT Professionals at the college where I attend.

Additionally, the support I have received from this forum has been quick and thorough anytime I posted a question and I thank you all.

Regards,

Michael E. Cluney

14. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you have the software running even as an evaluation version and can update the databases, you're still protected.
    The only thing you would miss in TDS for this moment is the exec protection, all the rest you need for the moment is working.
    The only thing DCS asks from us not to copy the registration email inside the TDS or PE directories just in case of any abuse.
    Best to keep those with the keys on a diskette or burn them on a CD, whatever you use.
    Can imagine your frustrations, the pity is you reformatted, for if not you could have had your copy in an older system restore.
    Never reformat for one possible virus if it is not a real nasty which destroyed your whole system dramatically beyond repair with your system restores or drive images, whatever you would have.

TDS and WormGuard are no virus scanners: for those you need special antivirus software or you could use some of the online virus scanners.

Good luck rebuilding your system, once complete don't forget to make from thjat point a manually new restore point and after adding your keyfiles etc another one.

Make sure you emailed support@diamondcs.com.au for the copy files and login codes and never ever dare to delete them anymore!
    Happy weekend!

15. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Mr. Cluney,

Loosing patience happens to all of us at times (personally, I'm no exception to that rule). Now, let's go on with life as usual ;)

After my former reply, I've contacted the software vendor to make sure this issue will be attended. Be assured it will as soon as possible - being upcoming Monday.

regards.

paul

16. OUTLAW52

Your professionalism and quality customer service is much appreciated and noted.

Thank you for your help.

Michael

P.S. If this is how I get with a computer, imagine what it was like with my X-mother-in-law!

Perspective. Always helps to settle things down.

17. Hello:

I use a software called Absolute Shield Internet Eraser Pro, by Sys-shield.com

When running a full scan I get a notice there is a live trojan in the process memory. The software is supposed to be really solid product. Is this a false positive?

Also, thanks to all for helping me with earlier issues with getting TDS-3 and Port Explorer resolved. I am up and running full-time operator now.

Regards,

Michael

18. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Michael, If you can send a zipped copy of the file to support@diamoncs.com.au They can ascertain if and possibly why you are seeing this alert

19. Gavin - DiamondCS

It certainly does sound like a false alarm :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.