TDS-3 Startup Advice Requested

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Taz, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taz

Taz Registered Member

I've got TDS-3 on two machines and I have problems on both of them with TDS-3 hanging when it is automatically started.

I have it set to start with windows and then minimize to the system task tray. I have it set to run when windows starts up because I want to use the Exec Protection feature and don't want to have to remember to manually start TDS-3.

I think the problem happens because other security apps haven't finished loading before TDS-3. If I could find a way to delay TDS-3 from starting...say by a few seconds or so...I think that would solve the problem.

Is there a utility that would allow me to introduce such a delay...or does TDS-3 have this capability itself?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Taz,
    Try unticking the start at windows startup and instead drop a shortcut into the Start - All programs - statup folder this should give TDS3 the space it needs to do it's startup scans and load EP.

HTH Pilli :)

3. Taz

Taz Registered Member

DOH!! (slaps forehead) Of course! Thanks Pilli for a nice, simple, and elegant solution that I should have been able to figure out on my own. I tell ya, sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Really appreciate the quick response too.

-Taz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.