TDS-3 Private Forum & scanning a file question

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Gash, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gash

Gash Registered Member

Hi,

I have had a license for TDS-3 and wormguard for some time, but until recently have not really used it much due to lack of knowledge. Thanks to the easy to follow directions I found here I now have it up and running on demand for the time being.

Am embarrased to say I have lost or forgotten the password for the private forums. What does one need to do to fet it back? I would like to get into the private forums to learn more on this great program.

My other question is: Is there a way to scan a file or an attachment with TDS-3 without it going thru the whole startup scan?

TYIA,

Gash

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Gash,
    For the private forum access problems you can write to support@diamondcs.com.au with your registered name and they will be able to find you back.
    If F5 does not bring you there already (depends on how you set your cookies and other forum configuration).
    I have TDS up all time, already at least for the extra security the exec protection offers, so this is a personal choice.
    You can configure TDS to start up without any startup scanning by unchecking all startup scanoptions in
    TDS console > Configuration > Startup.

I think you have WG active in the background all time?

3. Gash

Gash Registered Member

Hi Jooske,

Thank you for your reply. Yes WG is running at all times.
    Was also running Regprot, but it was causing a problem with IEClean at shutdown so I had to uninstall it. Much to my dismay.

The reason I have TDS-3 on demand only is because it uses about 12% resources on this system. I am sure that really wouldn't hurt the system but am also running KPF 3.0, AVG, BoClean and IEClean, Proximiton, SpywareBlaster, and SpyBot. The latter 2 of course are not running at all times.

Will get in touch with support at Diamond CS about the password for the forums.

Thank you once again,

Gash

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Gash,
    Nice to meet you.
    I am surprised that you notice a12% useage of Exec protect. Admittedly I don't have another AT programme running but all I see in task manager is a "blip" as Exec protect watches a new programme opening & a very minor slowing of the app displaying. The blip is too quick to read but it well maybe 12%. Then it settle down displaying "0"

My PC is XP pro, Athlon1800+ & 512MB of DDR RAM, Nod32, Mail Washer, Spyblocker, The Proxomitron, Radmin, Wall watcher, Sygate Pro 5 & an un-named (for now) port scanner + other normal apps

5. linney

linney Registered Member

"My other question is: Is there a way to scan a file or an attachment with TDS-3 without it going thru the whole startup scan?"

If you right click on the folder containg the file there is an option to scan with TDS-3. I have even seen it written somewhere how you can fix the registry to have the right click option scan a single file (sorry I don't have that information).

6. wink

wink Registered Member

Hi,

I have recieved my keys from diamo0nd and am now in the process of testing (playing) withe the new unlocked features, i have a question on the private member forum (F5), when i try and access this area I get the 'The page cannot be displayed' error :(

Do anybody have any tips that might resolve this problem?

I have tried accessing the main page (ie. removing my login details from the address bar) and logging in normally but still i get the same error.

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Recently the forum got a new URL, which is not changed in the TDS software with TDS-4 round the corner. So it's not your error.
    I just IM-ed it in your personal mailbox here.
    Once there, register and you'll get your entrance from the support@diamondcs.com.au. If you still encounter problems, drop that support an email and they'll look into it asap.
    Once you have it and have entrance in the private forum, you'll see in the general part our creative discussions how we try to get there next times in the easiest ways. :D

8. wink

wink Registered Member

Recieved message, thks Jooske :)

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're welcome! Hope to see you there soon too!

10. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi linney, welcome to TDS
    Simple answer is YES: [See pic]

Now, if I remember correctly, the Scan with TDS right click came in with the updated TDS3.2. In my pic you will see TWO 'Scan withs', as originally it was not available and I got a SS3 script which you dropped into TDS folder and than ran the script. But when I updated to 3.2 it came with it built in.

You do have to have TDS running [minimised to task bar] and the option should be there, if not email the 'Support' or I am sure Jooske can answer, as it's been a while since I loaded it in.

This right click 'Scan with TDS' is only available on a single file. When right clicking on a folder, there is no option, you have to open the interface and set it there, OK!

edit: forgot to add, once you right click and select the 'Scan with TDS' option, you will NOT see anything happen, [if all is well] you then have to dbl click on the System Tray TDS icon to open the interface and you will see the result of the scan in the GUI window.

Attached Files:

11. Tassie_Devils

linney: this is then what you will see in GUI with the 'Scan with TDS' option. [If nothing is wrong that is, lol]

Attached Files:

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Tassie,

About right-clicking to scan with TDS-3:

I admit that I don't have that SS3-script installed.
    (I have TDS-3 3.2.1 (the latest)).
    I do have the right-clicking scan-with-TDS-3 possibility for a folder, but not for a single file; no problem for me: if I want to scan a single file, I'll scan the folder it is in.
    When TDS-3 wasn't already running when I ask it to scan a folder via that right-clicking, TDS-3 will be started and goes through its initial scanning.
    And (of course among other things) it shows then in the console for example those lines:

16:37:03 [File Scan] Scanning in -scand D:\NewDefrag
    16:37:03 [File Scan] Scanning in D:\NewDefrag ...
    16:37:03 [File Scan] Scanned 3 files: 0 alarms in 0.2773438 seconds (Avg 11.82 files/sec)

13. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Remembering to have seen those extensions like -scand (scan directory) -scanf (scan file) and with running that SS3 or maybe with the install of 3.2.1 was installed or disabled scanning exe's as well (there was a reason to get rid of that option i forgot which).
    Is there no difference in your options Tassie?

14. Tassie_Devils

Hi Jan/Jooske:

With my right click [above pic] you only get those options if its a 'single' file, when right clicking on a folder/directory, no options to scan it with TDS at all. I do have the latest 3.2.1 [good while ago] hence the double Scan with TDS option in right click.

As I said in previous post I got the script for rightclickscan and I've just remembered where. It was from AlanH [private forum]. It's in a folder I downloaded from him. I just went to SS3 Menu/Load Script/navigated to the folder it was in and ran it, then I got the Scan with option.

Note: Just tried to upload the zipped file, but would not let me.

15. Tassie_Devils

CORRECTION: :oops:

God I am an idiot. I was stating I only had function to right click file and scan single file but not folders or directory.

However, upon my last post, it hit me, I was trying to scan a folder on the desktop but it is ONLY A SHORTCUT to the actual folder residing in C:/..... lol....

I created a new folder to desktop and whalla, I do have it. You see, I have never had the need to scan just the one folder, only ever right click/scan a file I have just downloaded.

soooo. apologies for any confuuuuuusionnnn...

Attached Files:

16. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You're not an idiot, you just make sure you like kangaroos.
    http://www.geocities.com/trivia_house/kangaroo.wav

Isn't a shortcut a minifile too then to be scanned?

17. Tassie_Devils

Apparently not..... try it yourself. Definitely NO options to scan with TDS right click on desktop shortcuts for me here.

But as soon as it's a single file [not a shortcut to one] or a FULLY fledged folder actually on the desktop, then you get the option to scan with TDS.

Of course once inside Explorer it's a no-brainer, options available no probs.

anyway, off now to cook my kangaroo tail soup *yum* [j/k]

18. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

shhh thought it was time for barbie.
    You're right with the scanning, from shortcuts on the desktop.

19. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

The thing I find very interesting about this discussion is that everyone seems to have something different with the right click scanning. For me, right click desktop shortcut, not only is the option there to scan file with TDS-3, but it is listed twice. I also am able to scan either a single file(scan file with TDS-3), or a directory(scan path with TDS-3). Running Win98SE, IE6.0SP1, not using the script, and the full install of latest version of TDS-3 done couple of months back after reformatting, including zeroing out the hard drive. :) Something maybe even stranger, no option to scan My Documents folder, although I can scan individual folders I have inside this folder. :rolleyes:

20. wink

wink Registered Member

My install seems to be ok I have the following options:

<right clicking on file> Scan file with TDS-3
    <right clicking on Directory> Scan path with TDS-3
    <right clicking on drive> Scan drive with TDS-3

nothing out of place in my contextual menus, my desktop is full of shortcuts and therefore do not have such links in the menus.

Merry Xmas ppl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.