TDS-3 opens instead of CGoban on ,SGF files

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Kirby Smith, Jul 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirby Smith

Kirby Smith Guest

When I click on a go (board game) file of type .sgf, instead of CGoban opening, TDS-3 opens. CGoban is the registered executable for .sgf files. (Note that .sgf files typically have file names that include multiple periods.) Rooting around in TDS-3 and the Registry doesn't provide me any clues.

I would like such files to open correctly without invoking TDS-3 or Wormguard. Any suggestions are welcome

Thanks

kirby

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Which of the two did you install first?
    You might like to install that one again to have the proper associations back. Anmd make sure when you do you cose every other application and av/at software.
    If you are going to uninstall first (which is recommended) in case that is TDS make sure you first uninstall the exec protection if you have that installed with TDS, after you can uninstall it, reboot and reinstall.
    If the game was first installed, uninstall that and re-install it after reboot and see if that solved the whole problem.
    Hope this helps.

3. Kirby Smith

Kirby Smith Registered Member

Thanks Jooske:

TDS-3 and Wormguard were installed long (2-3 years?) before CGoban. According to Explorer\tools\folder options\file types, CGoban is the program associated with .sgf files. That is what is confusing me. I doubt re-installing CGoban will have any effect if Windows 2k already thinks CGoban is the correct executable to open.

Retest.... Hmmm. As of now TDS-3 does not start with these .sgf files. Only Wormguard if I do an "open", and probably Wormguard swallows the opening when I double click. This is presumably due to the multiple periods in the file name. I do not know why TDS-3 is behaving itself (or, conversely, why it wasn't before). The only configuration change since I wrote my message above is that I removed the massive hosts file I installed under Spybot S&D, as it was causing my TV Guide program update to hang.

Anyway, do you know any way to have Wormguard ignore multiple period file names if the real file type is .sgfo_O The allowed list editor is somewhat more limited than the blocked list editor. (Is there a Wormguard forum I should be asking instead?)

Thanks for your help

kirby

4. Kirby Smith

I see that there is. I will search it for similar problems before whining further.

kirby

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

The right click scan functionality in the old version can cause this, either remove that with the patch below, or just uninstall completely and install the latest release of TDS, which is repackaged and has a shell integration DLL for right click scanning :)

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/tdsregpatch.exe

6. Kirby Smith

Ah! Thanks Gavin. I'll get to that when I get home.

kirby

7. Kirby Smith

One further question. I assume that the latest release is listed in the download demo section of DiamondCS web site Should it be installed over the previous version or should I remove the previous version first?

Thanks

kirby

8. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Kirby, Better to uninstall the previous version, not forgetting to save your scrpts directory, keyfile & other info', logs etc. that may be personal to your configuration and that you wish to retain.

HTH. Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.