tds-3.exe gone

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Gramps, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gramps

Gramps Registered Member

Installed a trial version of TDS-3 on my son's computer as I could not access the CD-ROM or printer without the Windows XP going toes up. He was just doing regular system restores to work around this, but the problem always came back. No trojans found (with updated definitions), but the problem went away. I wondered if the TDS-3 had uninstalled itself as there was no sign of it.. Does the trial version uninstall itself?
    Today I came across the log files and it seems as though it was installed 20 days ago, so it shouldn't have done that anyway! I cannot find TDS-3.exe anywhere (I see that some trojans can remove it) or any other executable in the folders with the remains of the program.
    He downloads all sorts of stuff and installs it, but he is "too busy" to sort out his PC. I need to use it sometimes. How could I find the Trojan, if there is one? :doubt:
    All suggestions welcome, TIA
    Gramps

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. Gramps

Gramps Registered Member

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You should install it as an admin and in case using it from a user account run as an admin.
    TDS runs fine with other softwaer as you can see in one of the important sticky threads. All reasons to be optimistic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.