TDS-3 Error

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by darkagent, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkagent

darkagent Registered Member

Hello, I have recently been having a very seriously problem with TDS-3. I got it successfully installed, but when I tried to run it, I got the error message from Windows saying "TDS-3 Professional has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am currently running on a Pentium III 1000 Mhz computer, with 384 MB of SDRAM. I also have over 30 GB free in hard drive space. I am unable to run TDS-3 at all because of this error. Norton, Spybot, and Ad-Aware together have been unable to detect any sort of trojan. Please help me asap since this problem is vexing me very greatly. Thank you very much for your time. :'(

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

At least the message provided was polite :D

Is it possible that you have some sort of debugger active, softice, etc?

If you haven't already tried, you might want to launch it after a fresh reboot with as little possible running just to try to eliminate any possibility of a resident program conflict.

What OS/SP are you running?

3. darkagent

darkagent Registered Member

I'm not running any type of debugger. I know what SoftIce is, but I have not used it or any program in its type. My computer is PIII 1000 Mhz Processor with 384 MB of SDRAM. I am currently running on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack I, with the all the latest critical updates installed.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Check the OCX files are up to date first.. also let us know what versions of the other files you have too ?

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

5. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

This is a bit suspicious, isn't it? I don't want to panick, but i think you should be careful until this has cleared up.

And the message is definitely from windows, i.e. an OS message? Or does it look like a tds-message? Are there tools around that tell you about a certain window the child of which process it is? Does updating the database work? Also, try running TDS in safe mode and doing a full system scan.
    Can you use a tool like DCS's ASViewer to get a list of things started on boot?

HTHH,
    Andreas

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thats the standard Win2k/XP fatal error message, so I hope its legitimate :D

Hope updated files help.. possibly the updated VBRUN would be useful too, if there is still the problem I suggest installing these too

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/VBRun60sp5.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.