TDS-3 Error

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by darkagent, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkagent

darkagent Registered Member

Hello, I have recently been having a very seriously problem with TDS-3. I got it successfully installed, but when I tried to run it, I got the error message from Windows saying "TDS-3 Professional has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am currently running on a Pentium III 1000 Mhz computer, with 384 MB of SDRAM. I also have over 30 GB free in hard drive space. I am unable to run TDS-3 at all because of this error. Norton, Spybot, and Ad-Aware together have been unable to detect any sort of trojan. Please help me asap since this problem is vexing me very greatly. Thank you very much for your time. :'(

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

At least the message provided was polite :D

Is it possible that you have some sort of debugger active, softice, etc?

If you haven't already tried, you might want to launch it after a fresh reboot with as little possible running just to try to eliminate any possibility of a resident program conflict.

What OS/SP are you running?

3. darkagent

darkagent Registered Member

I'm not running any type of debugger. I know what SoftIce is, but I have not used it or any program in its type. My computer is PIII 1000 Mhz Processor with 384 MB of SDRAM. I am currently running on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack I, with the all the latest critical updates installed.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Check the OCX files are up to date first.. also let us know what versions of the other files you have too ?

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=files

5. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

This is a bit suspicious, isn't it? I don't want to panick, but i think you should be careful until this has cleared up.

And the message is definitely from windows, i.e. an OS message? Or does it look like a tds-message? Are there tools around that tell you about a certain window the child of which process it is? Does updating the database work? Also, try running TDS in safe mode and doing a full system scan.
    Can you use a tool like DCS's ASViewer to get a list of things started on boot?

HTHH,
    Andreas

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Thats the standard Win2k/XP fatal error message, so I hope its legitimate :D

Hope updated files help.. possibly the updated VBRUN would be useful too, if there is still the problem I suggest installing these too

http://download.microsoft.com/download/vb60pro/Redist/sp5/WIN98Me/EN-US/VBRun60sp5.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.