TDS-3 and System Slowdown

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Wahrheitsucher, Sep 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just downloaded the trial version of TDS-3 and I am very impressed by its feature and its power. I have NOD32, Kerio, Proxomitron, RegProt and IEClean running resident in memory. As you can see I need a resident Anti-Trojan scanner. The unregistered version of TDS-3 does not include one. Would there be a noticeable system slowdown on a machine running TDS-3 execution protection, the mentioned programs and Win98 OS? The machine runs on a 1.2GHz Athlon with 256Mb of memory.
    Thank you.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For me on win98se not, people with very fast systems at times mentioned a slowing down of a fraction of miliseconds.
    TDS is not exactly a resident scanner, but you can use the scan options of memory and all that at startup and the exec protection will immediately stop any malicious executable from running. I combined it with WormGuard, which works really fine in this combination especially to block worms and suspicious scripts, codes etc while it has the option to enable to look in the safe mode into the file and indicates why it was blocked, so you can decide whether to run it anyway or not.
    Later this year there will be a few new tools which you really might like to add to your toolkit to run beside the others for even more protection, but first look how you like TDS and WormGuard.
    You NOD32 is a very good virus protection, then TDS for the trojans and worms and WormGuard more specific for the other parts (better a possible overlap then a hole in the security!)
    Think you'll have a marvelous combination with all that!

3. bubs

bubs Registered Member

I'm no expert on Win98, but with that CPu and RAM you should have no problem.

When I registered TDS-3 (NT4 Server at the time, NOD-32, Tiny Trojan Trap, Outpost Pro fiirewall) running on P3 xeon 550 / 512meg RAM, I noticed no slowdown at all.

Hope that helps.

4. Much appreciated, Jooske and Bubs. Both posts were very helpful. :)

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Thanks Wahrheitsucher for telling. Hope you're enjoying TDS in the meantime a lot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.