TC brute force for forgotten pw

Discussion in 'encryption problems' started by malor, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malor

malor Registered Member

I already read the other post concerning this but ran into this problem. I have a Fifty Character pw for an external drive. I can remember about 95% of the pw save for about five in the middle I cannot seem to get right. I Know I have the rest right because, well I remember them. The thing is I could swear I have the right password, save for four that I'm unsure about. Is it possible to get Tateu's program to only try for seven of the characters in the password located in the middle? I do know what they could possibly be but it still leaves a couple of hundred different possibilities. I'm also going to try to repair the volume header and use backups of the keyfiles that I have.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=288616&page=2 Is the thread that I am talking about, and the program I'm using, GUI version.

Any advice aside from "it's a lost cause"

Also I cannot get into the outer volume either. I do remember the last time I opened both volumes something happened where the external HD got disconnected. Could this cause my problem, corrupted data or such.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.