Tauscan FP on TrojanHunter-file thshlicons.dll

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by J--., Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J--.

    J--. Guest

    I think that Tauscan gives a False Positive on a TrojanHunter file:
    c:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\thshlicons.dll

    According to Tauscan it is infected with the Trojan: Remote Control 1.0

    MD5 checksum of thshlicons.dll :
    4e50ad693d3bd61fa0dd990bbc6a2fb0

    I have just tried to report it to Agnitum.

    May I ask a favour?
    Could someone (with both programs) re-check it, and then -if I'm right- inform Magnus and Agnitum?
    I am again trying to fix my system (not related to above FP)........
    Thanks !
    Cheers, Jan.
     
  2. G1111

    G1111 Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2005
    Posts:
    2,127
    Location:
    USA
    I have TH 4.2. Scanned thshlicons.dll with Jotti's online scan and resident KAV and nothing was found.
     
  3. G1111

    G1111 Registered Member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2005
    Posts:
    2,127
    Location:
    USA
    Forgot to add mine had the same checksum as yours.
     

    Attached Files:

  4. FanJ

    FanJ Guest

  5. FanJ

    FanJ Guest

    I got a message from Agnitum (thanks Anastassia !):
    "This false positive will be corrected in the update from 29.028.2005."

    (I guess that will be 29-Aug-2005 ;) )

    (PS: thanks G1111 for your replies !).
     
  6. FanJ

    FanJ Guest

    To give a little update:

    After Tauscan said that thshlicons.dll was infected with Remote Control 1.0, it said it was infected with Remote Control 2.03.
    (as a reminder: this thshlicons.dll is a TrojanHunter file).

    As far as I could see that FP was fixed with Tauscan's defs-update at 1-Sept-2005.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.