Tape backup on ATIES 8076 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by supdeco1, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supdeco1

supdeco1 Registered Member

Hello

i have bought acronis true image, and the backup on tape doesn't work at all.

I try it on 3 different servers, (IBM, HP, DDS4, LTO) and i have just a error, nothing backup on cartridge

The version i have is the last: the 8076.

I'm not happy at all. I 've tested the 9.1 and it was ok

i 've 21 servers to backup and i would like a solution

Is it possible to downgrad licence to have 9.1 version which works....
    What am i supposed to do with the 2 sites which have robot for backup??

thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello supdeco1,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup software.

Could you please clarify when exactly mentioned error message comes up? Do you run Acronis Bootable CD or run the software under Windows? The answers to these questions would be very helpful for us in issue investigation.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. supdeco1

Hello

I've tried the 8076 version on 3 differents servers with dissimilar hardware and configuration. (DDS3, DDS4, LTO3 with different servers IBM, HP..)
    seting up on the windows, Each time i was be unable to backup on tape cartridge.
    2 issues:
    The backup seems start (and sound for the backup reader) and 5-10s, acronis says backup completed (but nothing is backup)
    Instead of the first, i have too a screen with a internal error 458 755

I've used Win2000 server SP4

The trouble seems to be come from the Acronis driver/windows of the cartridge reader. I have read the eccho version have a different configuration for the drivers

I've tried to backup with boot on the Cd rescue and the backup is good!

Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Hello supdeco1,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please clarify, have you rebuilt RSM database after installing build 8076 of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server?

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please also describe your actions step by step in details and program prompts up to the moment the problem appears.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. supdeco1

Hello, i'm in contact to the support about it

Next time, I tried a beta version 8115 but it doesn't work too

6. Acronis Support

Hello supdeco1,

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. supdeco1

of course the number is the 1537001

thank you

8. Acronis Support

Hello supdeco1,

Could you please clarify if you received the latest e-mail from Marie with your serial numbers?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. supdeco1

Hello

I received the mail with the number for the 9.1

I try with the 9.1 version to use the group task but it doesn"t work
    I saw correctly the individual agent (on each server, and i'am be able to connect on individual and back up on a the server which have the tape cartridge) but it doesn't work when i use the group task

i have 3 issue:

1) the only backup done is the server which have the cartridge reader
    the task for the 2nd never start
    2) the backup is only in incremental, even if i disabled use incremental/differential into the options (and i want full backup everyday for PRA)
    3) the software ask each time if i want to erase the cartridge, i have enabled the option to erase without prompt into the main program, but the group task don't save it, and doesn't have this similar option.

Could you tell me how should i do? acronis is ok with 1 server, but to backup few server onto a cartridge (like every compagny) it doesn't work

thanks

10. Acronis Support

Hello supdeco1,

Please notice that remote backup to tape drives is only possible when using Acronis Backup Server. Please see the respective chapter of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide for details.

As described in chapter 3.9 "Backing up to tape drive" of the User's Guide, in case you want to keep more than one archive on the tape, for example, back up two disks separately, choose incremental backup mode instead of a full backup when you create an initial backup for the second disk. In other situations, incremental backup is used for appending changes to the previously created archive.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

11. supdeco1

Hello

"As described in chapter 3.9 "Backing up to tape drive" of the User's Guide, in case you want to keep more than one archive on the tape, for example, back up two disks separately, choose incremental backup mode instead of a full backup "

does it means that it is not possible to make full backup from 2 servers onto a single cartridge or, the incremental mode will do full backup.?

as well i don't understand how can i have everyday full backup with several server on a single tape

thank you

12. Acronis Support

Hello supdeco1,

Please notice that when you choose to do an incremental backup of a different drive than one stored in the full backup, all sectors will be different, and the whole drive will be backed up.

To back up several computers to a tape drive you need to connect the tape drive to Acronis Backup Server. Then you will be able to choose the tape drive as destination for backup when selecting Acronis Backup Server.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.