Take Care!! (Affected by Ike)

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Marja, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

This is just to remind any of the Wilder Folk who might be in the path of
    Gustav.

We are ALL sending hopeful, positive thoughts to all our friends who
    might be experiencing having to leave their home or worrying about loved ones..

We are here for you! :)

Safe Harbor!

Marja:cool:

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Re: Take Care!!

Thanks Marja :)

I have been preparing for it the past couple of days, boarding windows, collecting water and supplies, hammering down loose shingles,etc. Katrina's eye passed 60 miles to the east of here and it caused extensive damage to the power lines in the area from downed trees. There was no power here for 8 days and we were going through some very high humidity and temps then which made for some very long nights. There were fuel and food shortages for miles around my county. If it holds it's track, Gustav will pass west of here which will put us on the worst side of the storm. I am definitely not looking forward to the arrival of Gustav :(

I am having a hard time sleeping tonight so I took a pill a while ago to make me sleep. That is why I am up this late. I have got a long day tomorrow :(

3. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

Sending my best wishes as well and hope everyone keeps safe, material things can be rebuilt life is more precious. :)

4. ailema

ailema Registered Member

well i think gustav has his points heheh maybe?

5. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Unfortunately, hurricane season ain't over til it's over! :doubt:

So the thoughts above still stand!

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Most definitely. Ike is barreling down on the Houston area. Hope u made it to save ground RJ...

snowbound

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  7. cp4eva

cp4eva Registered Member

Affected by Ike.

I am in Houston. My family and I are thankfully safe after Ike passed through. If there are any of my other fellow Texans here on Wilders that can let us know they're ok, please do. I know Ike caused damage and ruin through other states as well. I hope everyone is ok. Please let us know your status, if possible!

God Bless

8. Zero3K

Zero3K Registered Member

It went through Kentucky and ended up being a major wind storm. A good amount of trees and power lines were brought down/broken because of it. 500,000 people were without power after it went through. Today, only 16,000 people had their power restored. I'm still without power at my house (At least, I think I am).

9. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

Ya, Gusts of 60 to 75 mile on hour winds. Spent yesterday sawing tree branches in my back yard, and my aunt in Cincinnati still has no power.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

We were caught between Huricane Ike's rotational Hurricane winds at sustained 80 MPG and a High pressue system which spun off scores of F1 Tornadoes, so plenty of snapped power lines and complete trees flattened and twisted as well as roofs blown away completely, all this this deep INLAND in Indiana of all places. We're usually in Tornado Alley. But this system was a Mega-Spiral than never lost it's fury although there was not so much as a drip of rain from it.

The damage is extensive here and power will be out for most places over 3 weeks, lucky for me, and i don't kow how, but my power never went out. Usually just a severe thunderstorm is enough to kill the electric here, but this was a very different storm.

Entire trees are twisted everywhere and laying on the ground and light poles are bent almost to the ground here no mattter what direction you turn.

This was THE most powerful hurricane i ever seen hold it's strenght this deep inland.

Now it's plain to see how Galveston was destroyed on the coast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.