Tablet sales growth slows dramatically

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ronjor, Oct 16, 2014.

1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I get that you don't like tablets. But, battery life on tablets is usually much better than on phones.
    For example Samsung say the Galaxy S5 can play audio for 67 hours, whereas their Tab 3 tablet can play for 109 hours and the Tab 4 can do 202 hours (3 times longer than the S5 can). So, clearly you can't base battery life off a bad experience with one tablet.

I've never heard of a smartphone lasting for a week between charges. I'm gussing you had mobile data and wifi disabled all the time to save battery life.

2. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

Samsung Galaxy MEGA. I wanted a huge phone for GPS, videos, keypad, web, etc. although it's a compromise (less convenient to carry around obviously). I consirdered one of the Huawei Ascend MATEs as well (it had 6.1 screen) and on paper was almost equivalent to the MEGA, but ended up choosing a Sumsung in the end because I was familiar with their products (from previous devices owned) and trusted the brand.

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. guest

guest Guest

Yes I can, and I also can say that smart tablets are inflated piece of garbage innovation.

Yep, more extremely (and accurately) my smartphone is never had internet connection and I am just using 2G, plus I set my screen brightness to only 50%.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

:eek: :argh:
    That explains the battery life.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. guest

guest Guest

Hey, at least I was still kind enough to call them as an innovation. :D

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://www.display-central.com/free...artner-says-tablets-sweet-spot-byod-programs/

8. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

It's just that everyone has a tablet now, so there. The same happened to all previous form factors. Nothing special.
    Mrk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.